In the event of an emergency or dangerous situation involving an immediate threat to the health or safety to members
of the campus community, an emergency notification will be issued using one, some, or all of the below methods.
• “NIXLE” – Emergency Notification System. Text GO GCCALERT from your cellular phone to 888777 to subscribe.
• All campus notifications (email, GCC web page, Twitter, Facebook, and message sign at Mountain St./Verdugo Rd.)
• Campus telephone reverse intercom speakers.
• Flashing room lights to notify deaf/hearing impaired persons.
• Personal notification by emergency personnel.
• Emergency vehicle public address (PA) speakers.
• Press releases and/or media notification may also be utilized for notification.