Glendale College Police Department
Lost and Found
If you have lost an item on campus, you may contact the Glendale College Police Department at 818-551-5205 or EXT. 5205 from any campus phone, Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH AN ITEM THAT IS FOUND?
Pursuant to GCCD Administrative Regulation 6560, if an item is found on campus, it should be turned in to the Glendale College Police Department’s Lost and Found Department.
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED:
Items we do not accept in lost and found due to sanitary, safety, and biohazard reasons:
- Any type of clothing, including coats, jackets, hats, uniforms, and shoes, regardless of value
- Food or any food and drink containers
- Any items containing liquids or gel-like substances or items which could leak or melt
- Any items which present a sanitation risk (soiled)
- Any broken items
- Pepper spray or other similar substances
- Any items which are sharp and could be hazardous to staff
- Paperwork (i.e. homework) which does not appear to be an official document
Items are maintained for 90 days before disposition. Unclaimed items are held for auction/sale; they are sent to PropertyRoom.com. PropertyRoom.com is an online auction site open for bidding to the general public. They auction all abandoned, stolen, lawfully seized, or unclaimed property of every kind from law enforcement agencies nationwide. The website is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Items not acceptable for auction/sale are donated or disposed of. When claiming an item, a valid governmental photo identification card/driver’s license or GCC student identification card is required. Property will not be released to anyone without valid identification.
ITEMS MAINTAINED IN LOST AND FOUND INCLUDE:
- Books, notebooks, and planners
- Sunglasses and prescription eyewear
- Cellular phones
- Computer equipment and accessories
- Music playing devices
- Other miscellaneous valuables