The Office of Human Resources will be a strategic partner by aligning Human Resources goals and objectives with the mission statement and strategic master plans of the college.
We will accomplish these goals by:
- Utilizing HR technology to become more effective and efficient in processing employment transactions
- Building internal business partnerships with departments and unions
- Providing innovative HR programs and services that are adaptable and flexible to constantly changing needs of the college
- Developing, implementing, articulating, interpreting policies and procedures in a clear, consistent manner
- Developing strategies to attract and retain the most qualified and diverse individuals
- Ensuring the high level service in job evaluation and compensation, worker’s compensation, recruitment and selection, consulting and training, and personnel policies and procedures
Glendale Community College is located at the intersection of three major freeways and just ten miles from downtown Los Angeles, Glendale is one of the fastest growing communities in the Southern California region. A vibrant hub of economic activity and cultural diversity; it is an exciting place to work and live!
The beautifully landscaped campus, with newly renovated facilities, offers a scenic view of the San Rafael Mountains. The new facilities include a modern library with a collection of more than 100,000 books and other materials, a virtual library available online 24 hours a day and a state-of-the art planetarium, which opened in 2002.
Known for excellence and rigor, GCC has one of the highest transfer rates in the state to the UC system and other California four-year colleges. Additionally the college offers a broad range of vocational programs and takes pride in providing outstanding student services and curriculum to help prepare students for success in the 21st Century.
GCC is recognized throughout the state as a model of shared governance and collegiality. GCC is committed to creating an environment that provides opportunities to individuals with diverse talents, experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds (Read our diversity statements). We believe in the importance of a faculty, staff, and student population that embodies diversity of all kinds in order to better serve the college and surrounding communities.
Centrally located, with an outstanding reputation for innovation and excellence, Glendale Community College is an employer of choice.