- The collge offers three alternative transportation incentives.
Glendale College employs a number of people in the police department to fill a full-time Transportation Coordinator position. These employees work with the Air Quality Management District (AQMD) to create alternative transportation options for the campus.
The Glendale Safe and Healthy Streets Program is a coalition of partners, including the City of Glendale, seeking to make our area safer for pedestrians and bicyclists. Please contribute your voice to this effort.
- Faculty or staff who walk or bicycle to work are eligible for a stipend of $10/month.
- GCC will reimburse employees for 50% of a monthly bus pass up to $100/month.
- Van pools are offered to distant communities when there is sufficient demand from employees.
Suggestions from the Green Team include:
- Update and substantially increase the alternative transportation incentives. The incentive to walk or bicycle to work is embarassingly insufficient.
- Lobby the Glendale City Council to connect the Beeline to both the Glendale Transportation Center (bus and train) and the GCC Garfield campus in south Glendale.