CSU Los Angeles
ENGL 104 - University Requirement
Required for the degree are 180 quarter units, including applicable lowerdivision preparation at a community college. The major requires a total of 100-108 quarter units.
Required Community College Preparation
A minimum of 15 semester units (23 quarter units) of community college courses is required, as follows (semester units shown):
- Building Construction for Fire Protection (3)
- Fire Company Organization and Management (3)
- Fire Behavior and Control (3)
- Fire Protection Equipment and Systems (3)
- Fundamentals of Fire Prevention (3)
A maximum of 6 semester units (9 quarter units) of community college coursework may be used as lower division electives. Select from the following (semester units shown ):
- Fire Apparatus and Equipment (3)
- Fire Hydraulics (3)
- Fire Investigation I (3)
- Fire Service Communications Systems (3)
- Fire Service Records and Reports (3)
- Hazardous Materials I and II (3 each)
- Related Codes and Ordinances (3)
- Rescue Practices (3)
- Wildland Fire Control (3)
Requirements for the major (100-108 quarter units)
A total of 15-21 semester units (22-32 quarter units) of community college courses may be included in the major program.
The remainder of the major is primarily upper division work, with 68-86 quarter units required beyond the community college preparation. Of these units, a maximum of 12 may be taken in lower division courses.
NOTE: AGREEMENTS CONCERNING TRANSFER ARE CONSTANTLY BEING UPDATED, THEREFORE, THE STUDENT IS CAUTIONED TO CHECK WITH A COUNSELOR OR THE TRANSFER CENTER FOR CURRENT TRANSFER INFORMATION.