- California resident as determined by GCC Admissions and Records Office
- Qualify for a Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOG waiver A or B)
- Completed no more than 45 degree applicable units (including all course work completed at other colleges or universities)
- Registered in 12 or more units at the time of application (wait listed units do not count)
- Math and English or ESL assessment
- Have a demonstrated disadvantage met through one of the criteria listed below:
- Not qualified for English or Math required for the college degree (based on GCC assessment results)
- No High School diploma or GED
- HS GPA below 2.5
- Have taken remedial courses
- Use English as a second language
- First generation college student
- Emancipated foster youth
- Member of college identified underrepresented group:(African-American/Black, American Indian/Alaskan Native, Asian/Pacific Islander, and Hispanic/Latino).
Program Admissions Application Process Read more....
*Note: In order to fully benefit from EOPS services a student must complete 12 units each semester (Fall/Spring). EOPS students in good standing will be considered continuing EOPS students and do not need to reapply each semester, unless they do not register for one full semester. This does not apply to summer and winter sessions. If a student drops out of school for one full semester after being accepted into EOPS, and leaves the program in good standing, he/she can reapply to the program if he/she meets all the eligibility criteria at the time of application, except for criteria number 3.
*Note: EOPS Students who register in less than 6.00 units in a single semester (Fall/Spring) without prior written authorization from their counselor, will be exited from the program after the add/drop deadline for 16 week classes. For the purposes of meeting this requirement, spring semester and winter intersession units cannot be combined. In cases of extenuating circumstances, student’s registration in less than 6.00 units must be authorized by the counselor and no more than 1 semester will be allowed for this exception.
**Note: Continuing EOPS students whose GPA falls below 2.0 must meet with EOPS counselor to prepare a Probation Contract and follow the set conditions in order to maintain program eligibility.
**Note: In order to fully benefit from EOPS services a student must submit FAFSA application by set deadlines and follow-up with Financial Aid office to provide required documentation to ensure his/her financial aid paperwork is processed in a timely manner.
Continued eligibility requires adherence to EOPS mutual responsibility contract below:
EOPS student responsibility
- Meet with an EOPS counselor to establish an educational goal and to develop a Student Educational Plan (SEP).
- Follow my Student Educational Plan (SEP) and the Mutual Responsibility Contract.
- Have a signed EOPS study list for each term of attendance.
- Enroll in and successfully complete 12 units per semester to be considered for all program services.
- Maintain a satisfactory academic progress toward my educational goal (Min.2.0 GPA & not on any type of probation). If placed on probation follow probation contract requirements outlined by EOPS counselor.
- Meet with an EOPS counselor or designated EOPS advisor at least 3 times each semester (Fall/Spring), and 1 time during each intersession (Winter/Summer) if registered.
- Provide all the necessary income documentation to establish and maintain EOPS and Financial Aid eligibility.
- Successfully complete Student Development 100 (St.Dv. 100) within two terms of acceptance into the program.
- Set up my free GCC student email account, and check my emails from EOPS office on a regular basis.
- Read EOPS website information on a regular basis for updates on EOPS program policies and services.
- Participate in advisement workshops, group counseling, basic skills instruction, transfer services, career and employment services, supplemental instruction (SI) and tutoring as recommended.
- Notify the EOPS office of any changes in my class schedule, name, address, or telephone number, or of any extenuating circumstances that may necessitate my withdrawal from classes or may affect my continued enrollment status with GCC.
- Authorize the EOPS program to share my name, student ID, and book voucher amount with the bookstore for the purposes of expediting and monitoring EOPS book services provided to EOPS students.
- Authorize the EOPS program to access my academic/financial records for the purposes of participation in the program.
Limitations on Eligibility: EOPS students may NOT exceed six semesters of continuous participation with EOPS. The program will monitor student eligibility status and will perform a program status review for continued program eligibility when student is close to the six-semester limit. I understand that failure to meet the terms of the mutual responsibility contract may result in my exclusion from the program before I reach the six-semester limit.
EOPS may recommend or provide the following services
Improving College Performance Workshops
Job/Career Planning Course (St.Dv.125)
Financial Aid Workshops
Preparation of Student Educational Plan (SEP)
Book Vouchers and Grants
Preparation of Study List for Each Term of Attendance
Student Progress Monitoring
CARE Program Services
University Transfer Services
College Orientation Course for Incoming Students (St.Dv.100)
Improving College Performance Course (St.Dv.141)
Note: Services may vary year to year depending upon other services available on campus and budget.