ALL GENERAL SG COMPUTER LAB RULES AND REGULATIONS APPLY.
By signing into the computer labs, the student affirms that he/she has read and understands this policy, which is also posted in the area where students enter the labs.
NO FOOD/DRINKS or CELL PHONE usage allowed AT ANY TIME.
ALL STUDENTS MUST SHOW PROPER ID TO USE THE LAB. NO EXCEPTIONS!
ESL classes no longer have a lab requirement so all work in the lab is optional or assigned by the instructor as explained in their syllabus & very helpful in mastering course content. Students may lookup lab hours through their MyGCC login.
Your computer usage may be monitored. If you are using inappropriate websites, you will be asked to stop. If you continue, you will be asked to leave the lab.
- Resource sheets designed for your class that suggests activities you may choose to do are under ESL or Foreign Language buttons
- Black and white and color pay printers are available for students, using the SG 129 pay printer.
- The Lab Staff is available to help you with Language Lab resources, not other classes or activities.
- You are responsible for making sure any materials checked out to you are checked back in before you leave the lab.
- You can only check in for one class at a time but you can switch classes just by letting us know.
- Check in for the proper class—we cannot make changes later or adjust student hours.
Please check out if you need to leave the lab for any reason.
- Students will be asked to leave 5 minutes before closing each day.
- The lab will close during college holidays. Please refer to student course schedule.
- No visiting/loud talking or disturbing others who are studying.
- Resources are first come, first served. If there are no available stations, you may wait outside or return later.
- Internet usage should be restricted to class work assignments and activities designed to enhance language skills.
- Only DVDs in the Lab are allowed unless assigned and OK'ed by your instructor.
- The lab is busiest during 9 a.m.– 2p.m. Try coming in the afternoons or evenings.
Only GCC credit students are allowed in the lab, except for Non-credit ESL, as space permits.
COPYING CDs (as allowed by textbook publishers)
- Ask how many you will need for your book and order by book name.
- You may order CDs anytime during lab hours. You will be told when to pick them up,
usually in 1 - 2 days.
- Please tell us if you have any problems. CDs will be redone for no additional charge.
- Any CDs not picked up in a timely manner will become lab property.
THANK YOU FOR COOPERATING WITH THESE PROCEDURES AND POLICIES TO CREATE A SAFE AND EFFECTIVE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT FOR EVERYONE.
REPORT ANY PROBLEMS TO LAB STAFF.