2019-2020 Directory (pdf) NEW [Note: Adjunct faculty contact information is listed on the GCC online directory.]
Web College Directory Update options:
- Contact your Division/Department
- Contact campus operator
- Email updates to webmaster
Search online directory by first name or last name.
- Div/Depts:Child Development, Social Sciences Division
- Phone: ext. 5668
- Job TitleAssociate Professor of Child Development
- Office Hours
Monday 12:30-1:30 pm
Tuesday Thursday 5:00-6:00 pm
Wednesday 4-5 pm
Saturday 4:15-5:15 pm (2nd 8 weeks)
I joined the instructional faculty at Glendale Community College in 2006, I love teaching and am very pleased to be a part of the Child Development Department here at GCC. I have a Ph.D. in Human and Organizational Development, an MA in Organizational Development, an MS in Child Development and a BS in Human Development. I have enjoyed a variety of positions in the field of child development/early childhood education from teacher and program administrator to trainer, college instructor and advocate for children families and the Early Childhood Education (ECE) workforce.
I began my career as a teacher working with infants, toddlers and their families in child care and development programs. I have worked with young children from zero to 12 years of age, supported parents and families through family support and parent education opportunities and provided in-service training for ECE professionals in a variety of programs. In addition to this work I served for many years as an early childhood program administrator and as a college administrator. My past experience and my ongoing commitment to child development and early childhood education informs my work here at GCC, providing a strong foundation for teaching students interested in become teachers, counselors and/or advocates for young children and their families.
I teach many of the classes offered by the child development department including:
- CHLDV 135 Early Childhood through Adolescence
- CHLDV 137 School Age Children in Child Care
- CHLDV 138 Child Health: Health Safety and Nutrition for Young Children
- CHLDV 147 Working with Infants and Toddlers
- CHLDV 150 Introduction to Curriculum
- CHLDV 174 and 175 Administration and Supervision of Early Childhood Programs I & II
I also serve as the Campus Coordinator for the Child Development Training Consortium and the Advisor for the Early Childhood Educators Club.