GLENDALE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Gary J. Montecuollo, Chief of Police
CRIME BULLETIN: ATTEMPTED ROBBERY (Strong Arm)
DATE: June 30, 2016
The following crime bulletin is being sent in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act.
Synopsis: On Wednesday, June 29, 2016, at approximately 5:40 p.m., a GCC student was the victim of an attempted robbery inside the Garfield Campus parking lot. The victim was sitting inside their vehicle when the suspect approached the car. The suspect demanded the victim’s cell phone and money that was inside the car. When the victim refused, the suspect then forcibly tried to reach into the car and take the items. The victim became fearful and pushed the suspects arm away. The suspect then attempted to open the door of the victim's vehicle, while at the same time placing their hand inside their pants pocket. At that time the victim started their vehicle and drove away. The suspect was last seen walking off campus traveling westbound on Garfield Ave.
Suspect Description: Male, Latino, approximately 25-30 years old, 5'9" height, 140 pounds, short brown hair, mustache, wearing a white tank top and blue jeans.
If anyone has any information about the suspect or witnessed the incident, please contact the Glendale College Police Department at 818 551-5205.
General Safety Tips:
- Be very alert to your surroundings.
- Cooperate with a suspect’s demands; your property can be replaced.
- If you are the victim of a crime, or witness a crime, you are encouraged to immediately report the incident. Dial 9-1-1 for emergencies. You may also use the blue emergency call box phones located on campus.
- Report any unusual or suspicious persons immediately to the College Police Department.
- You may request an escort from the College Police Department at 818 551-5205.
If you have any further information, please contact Corporal Neil Carthew, Glendale Community College Police Dept. at 818-551-5205. Reference police report # 16-0476.