If you receive a bomb threat by phone, stay calm and keep the caller talking.
Attempt to gather the following information:
• When is the bomb going to explode?
• Where is the bomb located?
• What kind of bomb is it? What does it look like?
• What is your name?
• Note the age, sex, speech pattern, accent of the caller and any background noises.
If you observe or locate a suspicious package or device:
• DO NOT touch the suspicious package or device.
• Evacuate the area immediately and notify the College Police. Move at least 1000 ft. away and out of direct line of sight from the item.
• Note the item’s exact location, its appearance, and any other appropriate details such as suspicious persons in and around the area or near the item in question.
• Do not cover the suspicious package or device. Do not attempt to block it with furniture or other items.