Everyone is asked to assist the College Police in making the campus a safe place by reporting suspicious activity. If you observe a crime in progress, or any behavior you suspect is suspicious, please immediately notify the College Police at extension 4000 from a campus phone or direct dial 818-409-4911. You may be asked to stay on the phone with the dispatcher while the officers are being sent to the incident. This will allow real time updates that can be given to the responding officers via police radio systems.
• Upon notification to the College Police Department, provide the location of the incident and the physical description of those involved.
• If a vehicle is involved, attempt to obtain the license plate number, the vehicle description and the last known direction of travel if you can do so in a safe manner.
• DO NOT approach or apprehend the person(s) involved.
• The College Police will respond to the area, take appropriate action and investigate the incident. If necessary, the College Police will call for assistance directly from local area police or fire departments.
• All members of the campus community should refrain from attempting to negotiate with the suspect(s) unless specifically asked to do so and under the immediate direction of a sworn police officer.