Census & Submission of Grades
- You will see multiple reminder email about the Census date, which is approximately the second week of the semester. While we realize that you may be on another campus during the short census window (generally 2-3 days) it is imperative that the Census roster is submitted on time each semester. Failure to submit this roster may result in your not being rehired to teach at GCC, so please mark your calendar and pay extra special attention to those reminder emails.
- The Census Roster is one of your class rosters found on People Soft (see I, c for access information). The Census date will be just after the last day to add. To see a calendar of important dates, please go here.
Class grades are due 7 days, whether they are days that the college is open or not, after the last final exam day for the term in which the class is offered.
Instructor Absences, or Lateness
- If you find yourself running late to class, or will be absent, it is imperative that you report it to (818) 246-5094 (Put this number in your phone right now! “GCC Absence Reporting”). This recorded line is checked continuously from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m. You will be asked to leave your name, the class name, time, and room number, any special instructions for students (these will be left on the door), as well as the reason for your absence. Absences and lateness are sometimes unavoidable, but it is truly important to let the college and your students know as early as possible.
Check Your Email Regularly
- As “freeway flyers,” adjunct faculty have a break-neck schedule, and are sometimes difficult to get hold of. The easiest way for students and colleagues to get in touch with you is via email. In order to facilitate departmental communication, please make sure to regularly check your Glendale email. IT can assist you in getting email on your phone, or in forwarding it to a personal account, if you find that helpful in checking more often. When students are unable to reach you they tend to contact the administration.
- Although your division may have additional syllabus requirements, these are the requirements for all GCC courses.