Contact Person: Michael Reed
GCC Resources for Teaching Geography
- Mr. Reed's Geography Resources Page - A collection of annotated links to websites, organizations, data sources, and maps.
Professional Organizations for Teaching Geography
- The American Association of Geographers (AAG) - A nonprofit scientific and educational society founded in 1904. For more than 100 years the AAG has contributed to the advancement of geography. Its members from more than 60 countries share interests in the theory, methods, and practice of geography, which they cultivate through the AAG's Annual Meeting, scholarly journals (Annals of the American Association of Geographers, The Professional Geographer, the AAG Review of Books and GeoHumanities), and the online AAG Newsletter.
- California Geographical Society (CGS) - Founded in 1946, the CGS is the oldest statewide organization dedicated to enhancing the understanding of geography as well as promoting interaction amongst academic and applied geographers, as well as members of the general public who share an interest in geography. Publishes the refereed publication, The California Geographer.
Links for Students to Learn About Geography
- Careers and Professional Development Resources - From the American Association of Geography.
- Jobs for Geographers - A thorough list of job resources and clearinghouses from the University of Colorado.