Contact Person: Stacy Jarzán, Ph.D.
GCC Resources for Teaching Spanish
- Vistas Supersite - This is the link to the textbook we use for Spanish 101-103. It has many extra resources, activities, test banks, etc. to use to teach these courses.
Other Online Resources for Teaching Spanish
- Duolingo for Spanish - Free app to study and practice Spanish.
- Study Spanish - Another free app to study and practice Spanish.
Professional Organizations for Teaching Spanish
- California Language Teachers' Association (CLTA) - Statewide organization of foreign language teachers. Lists upcoming events and conferences.
- LA STARS - Lists jobs, upcoming conferences, and teaching institutes.
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) - Lists jobs, upcoming conventions, certifications, and training institutes.
Links for Students to Learn About Spanish
- GCC Catalog - See information about the Foreign Language AA Degree on page 54 and the Spanish AA-T Degree on page 63 of the GCC Catalog.