The College Hour and Faculty Meetings
- Every Tuesday and Thursday, from 12:20 – 1:30 p.m. is considered the “College Hour.” This is when regular meetings, which require attendance by full-time faculty, are scheduled. You are invited to attend any of these meetings, and you will receive Flex Credit for doing so.
- Faculty Meetings are usually the second Tuesday of each month in the auditorium, during the College Hour.
- Division Meetings are usually the first Tuesday of each month, during the College Hour. Contact your division chair, or secretary, for location information.
- Guild (faculty labor union) meetings are usually held on 3rd Tuesdays, SR 138 Kreider Hall, from 12:20 to 1:30 p.m.
- GCC provides stipends to adjunct faculty members who engage in “ancillary activities” that benefit the college, aren’t being used for flex hours, and don’t have release time or extra pay attached to them. Ancillary activities are above and beyond one’s primary duties as an instructor, librarian, or counselor, and include things such as:
- Service on committees, taskforces, and the Academic Senate
- Work done for your department or division (such as curriculum development, participation in curriculum groups, etc..)
- Advising student organizations and clubs
- Writing grants
- Preparation and presentation of Staff development workshops
If you are interested in any of these projects, please do not hesitate to apply for funds.