GCC Discipline Specific Resources
Web Resources on Teaching and Learning
- Vanderbilt University's Center for Teaching has an extensive website with more than 60 guides related to teaching and learning, including the first day of class, group work and flipping the classroom.
- Although the focus is on teaching science, Carleton College's Science Education Resource Center has valuable insights about teaching for all disciplines.
- Through its free e-newsletter and dedicated website, Faculty Focus publishes articles on effective teaching strategies for the college classroom.
Books in the GCC Library
- Collaborative learning techniques : a handbook for college faculty / Elizabeth F. Barkley, K. Patricia Cross, and Claire Howell Major.
- Creating significant learning experiences [electronic resource] : an integrated approach to designing college courses / L. Dee Fink.
- What the best college teachers do / Ken Bain.
- Engaging ideas : the professor's guide to integrating writing, critical thinking, and active learning in the classroom / John C. Bean ; foreword by Maryellen Weimer.