Summer 2019 Math Faculty Training available
The summer Math Faculty Training Sessions have been scheduled for Saturday, June 29, 2019:
1. The In-Person Affective Domain Math Faculty Training session will take place on June 29th from 8:30 - 10:30 am in the Math Discover Center (in AS 103) and the
2. The In-Person Active Learning Math Faculty Training session will take place on June 29th from 10:30 am – 12:30 pm also in AS 103.
Please RSVP by emailing Yvette Hassakoursian at email@example.com.
Welcome to GCC’s Math Faculty Training in Spring 2019
To help prepare you to teach our new courses (Math 15, 30, 30+, 90, or 90+), we are offering the following (required) training program which consists of:
- A four-hour online Canvas course (please complete this first) AND
- One two-hour in-person training covering Affective Domain AND
- One two-hour in-person training covering Active Learning
We anticipate the training to take a total of about 8 hours. You will be compensated for this training in the following manner:
- You will get 4 hours of FLEX for the online portion (upon completion, verification will be placed in your mailbox in the AD building);
- You can choose to receive 4 hours of non-instructional hourly pay or an additional 4 hours of FLEX for the in-person portions;
- Once you have completed ALL 8 hours, you will receive a certificate of completion.
The online portion (AVAILABLE NOW in Canvas):
The online course is called Math Faculty Training Course and is housed in Canvas. You will be sent an email invitation to join the class AND the class will appear in your Canvas course list.
The online Canvas training is divided into two modules:
Module 1: Affective Domain (which will be defined) and
Module 2: Active Learning (which will be demonstrated)
Please complete the (4-5 hour) online modules before attending the in-person trainings.
The in-person portion:
We are offering two-hour workshops in SG 379 (one workshop for each topic) to augment the information covered in the online course. The same workshop is scheduled at multiple times during the Spring 2019 semester to accommodate various schedules. Please RSVP for each in-person training by clicking on the link below. YOU MUST ATTEND BOTH in-person trainings.
RSVP for Affective Domain (select one from this list):
Friday, April 26, from 3:30-5:30 pm
Saturday, April 27, from 8:30-10:30 am
Friday, May 17, from 3-5 pm Saturday, May 18, from 8:30-10:30 am Saturday, June 8, from 11 am – 1 pm
RSVP for Active Learning (select one from this list):
Saturday, April 27, from 11 am – 1 pm
Friday, May 3, from 3-5 pm Saturday, May 18, from 11 am – 1 pm Friday, May 24, from 3-5 pm
Saturday, June 8, from 8:30-10:30 am
If you have any questions, please contact Yvette Hassakoursian (AB705 Math Faculty Training Coordinator)