Ramon Herrera, MA
Required Text: Grison, S., Heatherton, T. & Gazzaniga, M. (2014): Psychology in Your Life (2nd ed.), New York, NY: W.W. Norton & Company
First and foremost, welcome to Psychology 101 Hybrid Class!
- This is an eight week hybrid class; we have four mandatory on-campus class meetings --dates and locations are posted on the class schedule of the course section.
- There are synchronous* and asynchronous** class meetings on weeks we do not meet on campus.
- Synchronous*/real time online class times on SKYPE . We will use the day and time that fits into MOST of the class’ schedule.
- We also use Canvas for asynchronous** class time, where you can review course format and materials, engage in collective conversations, view instructor correspondences, and complete quizzes and exams.
Both these methods are used to ensure four hours a week of regular effective contact on weeks we do not meet on campus.
If this sounds like it fits into your LIFE, I look forward to meeting you!
If you have any questions, please contact me at email@example.com.
* Synchronous learning environments refers to a learning environment in which everyone takes part at the same time via an online application.
** Asynchronous learning environments refers to a student-centered teaching method that uses online learning resources to facilitate information sharing outside the constraints of time and place among a collection of students.
Online Student Readiness Tutorials (scroll down to "Interactive Tutorials")
Information on Distance Education at GCC (hyflex hybrid and/or fully online courses)
Canvas Student Tour: https://resources.instructure.com/courses/32 (short videos on how to use Canvas)
Canvas Student Guide: https://guides.instructure.com/m/4212 (quick write ups on popular "how to" questions)
Fall 2018 Hybrid Course Calendar
Social Sciences Division