• Provide new students with the information, skills, and training
to succeed in the area of mechanical engineering design, drafting,
• Provide a course of study which will allow those already working
in the engineering support field to advance within their organization.
• Provide engineering firms a resource of trained and knowledgeable
personnel for both entry-level and advanced positions.
Many of the classes are taught in the late-afternoon and evening to meet the requirements of working and full-time students. Classes are taught by three part-time instructors four days a week. Most of the classes that are offered utilize real-world examples taken from actual engineering-type projects.
Topics that are covered within the department include:
• Basic Engineering Drafting and Design Practices
• Basic Engineering Careers and Practices
• Engineering Print Reading
• Descriptive Geometry
• Introductory and Advanced Solidworks
• Introductory and Advanced AutoCAD (2D & 3D)
Thank you for your interest in the program and feel free to contact me with any questions about the department.
Engineering Technology-Drafting Department
Glendale Community College
(818) 240-1000 ext 3038