Graduation Petition

How To Petition For Graduation

The Associate degree will be granted to a student who files a Petition for Graduation in the Office of Admissions and Records; has a grade point average of 2.0 or higher; and will have completed a total of 60 degree-applicable units.

All transcripts from other colleges and universities must be on file in the Office of Admissions and Records before the student submits a Petition for Graduation. If a transcript is from out of state, and a transcript evaluation request was not completed, course descriptions must be included with the Petition for Graduation.

Before submitting the form to the Admissions and Records office, the student is advised to see a counselor in order to verify the following:

  • Eligibility for graduation.
  • Glendale Community College offers the major or certificate program that the student is requesting.



If a student plans to use Plan B or Plan C to graduate and needs to have official GCC transcripts sent prior to the degree being awarded and noted on the student's permanent academic record to a campus of the California State University or the University of California, he or she must indicate on the Transcript Request Form that a CSU Breadth Certification or IGETC Certification needs to be done. It will then be sent to the CSU or UC when the official transcript is mailed.

Results of degree checks and Graduation Ceremony Information will be sent to the student in the mail. 


Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer