Our learning communities are designed to provide a supportive environment and offer services to help our students reach their potential and achieve their academic and personal goals.
Make connections, lifelong friends, gain important skills, participate in campus activities and events, all while being supported and guided through your college journey.
Through the program, you may be eligible for meal vouchers, TAP cards, parking permits, and book vouchers.
We also offer social mixers and events to help you get acquainted with your peers.
Several university trips are coordinated to help expose transfer-bound students to the many transfer opportunities available.
The Spring 2020 Learning Communities application will close on 02/28/2020!
We have three learning communities through the Student Equity Program at GCC:
- La Comunidad, which is designed for our Latinx Students
- Black Scholars, which is designed for our African American/ Black Students
- Guardian Scholars, which is designed for our Current and Former Foster Youth Students
Interested students can apply online or come in the office.
STUDENT EQUITY OFFICE HOURS
MONDAY 9 a.m - 5 p.m.
TUESDAY 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
WEDNESDAY 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
THURSDAY 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
FRIDAY 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
LOCATION & CONTACT
San Fernando Complex (SF 122)
(818) 240-1000, ext. 3520
- Yeranui Barsegyan, M.S. Interim Program Manager, Student Equity x3075 SF 122 email@example.com
- Jamie Sanchez, M.A. Counselor, Student Equity x3077 SF 122 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Johanna Quintanilla, M.S. Counselor, Student Equity x5611 SF 122 email@example.com
- Orlando Roybal, M.S. Counselor, Student Equity x3078 SF 122 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kevin Dimatulac, M.E.D. Counselor, Student Equity x5424 SF 122 email@example.com
- Alexandra Evans, M.A. Counselor, Student Equity x3083 SF 122 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arpi Amirian, M.A. Student Services Technician, Student Equity x5127 SF 122 email@example.com