Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Worldwide travel health information, including vaccinations, medications, and travel preparation.
- Health insurance is required during Study Abroad programs. If your current insurance provider does not already apply while abroad or offer an addendum to the plan, check out Squaremouth.com.
- Be sure to research reviews about each insurance company.
A few reviews sites include: expertinsurancereviews.com, and trustpilot.com
- If you have any questions about recommendations, please speak with the Study Abroad office before purchasing insurance.
World Health Organization
- Worldwide information on international travel and health, including disease information, vaccines, travel health risks, and precautions. Click here.
Mental Health While Abroad
The links below serve only as suggestions and are not meant to replace professional care or encourage students to manage symptoms on their own.
- 15 Ways to Feel Emotionally Ready Abroad
- Maintaing Strong Mental & Emotional Health
- Traveling Abroad with Mental Illness
- How to Deal with Depression While Abroad
How to Transport Medicines to Europe
- Understanding how to bring medicine to Europe, click here.
U.S. State Department – Passports, Visas, & More
- Worldwide travel and safety information for Americans traveling abroad, including country briefs, travel tips, cautions and warnings, and emergency information and services.
Smart Traveler Enrollment Program
- Free service provided by the U.S. Government to U.S. citizens who are traveling to, or living in, a foreign country to better assist you in an emergency. GCC requires study abroad participants to register in the STEP program. Click here.
US Embassies Abroad
Basic/General Health and Safety
- This site includes a helpful checklist. Click here.
How Foreign Laws Apply to You
- Find information on what you should know about the country of your choice's legal system, and the legal system of the countries to which you will be traveling. Click here.
Personal Safety and Awareness
- This site provides exercises and tips for awareness as you study abroad. Click here.
Sexual Harassment and Prevention Abroad
- General tips for knowing more about sexual harassment while studying abroad. Click here
Meaningful Travel & Tips for LGBTQ & Other Minorities
- Resources, tips, insights, and scholarship suggestions for LGBTQ individuals. Click here.
- Suggestions for research for LGBTQ traveling abroad. Click here.
- Tips for minorities and students of color. Click here.
- Important Traveler's Checklist from U.S. State Department, click here.
- TSA - Various articles and great reminders to travel well. Click here.
- Read from a Master Packer for traveling abroad. Click here.
- For another take on packing tips, click here.
Adjustments and Culture Shock, Homesickness, and Stress
- While the introduction to new and foreign cultures greatly benefits students, it can also be overwhelming. Learn what culture shock means and how you can overcome its effects. Click here.
- Currency converter, click here.
- Cellphone & SIM card info, click here.
- The proper amount depends not only on the country you're in but other aspects as well. Click here.
- Plugs, socket & voltage by country, click here.
Time Zone Converter
- Click here to check your time zones abroad.
Weather while Abroad
- Check your forecasts here.