Online International Application (F-1 Visa Students)
Complete & Submit for Your Future
GCC Student ID#
(Note: You can type directly onto the "PDF fillable" and print your completed Forms).
NOTE: IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE LINKING TO THE "ONLINE" APPLICATION, PLEASE USE THE PDF "FILLABLE" APPLICATION FORMS FOR NOW; THEN SUBMIT YOUR SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS -- TO COMPLETE YOUR STUDENT APPLICATION.
Dear International Student:
Complete and Submit our “Online” Application Form at: International Student Application for Admission Form. By submitting the Online Application, you will be entering your personal and academic information into a secure Web site database. When your Application File is complete and you are officially "Accepted" to the College, you will be issued your Glendale Student ID# for future class registration.
NOTE: Please pay careful attention to the "Checklist" items listed below.
PDF scanned attachments must be followed by Certified Copies of original documents.
We appreciate your interest in Glendale Community College and look forward to receiving your supporting documents to complete your student file for admissions review and full-time enrollment.
GLENDALE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
International Student Office
1500 North Verdugo Road
Glendale, California 91208-2894
Phone: 1+ (818) 240-1000, Ext. 5439 or 6645
APPLICATION "CHECKLIST" INSTRUCTIONS:
I. Applicants Overseas:
The following documents are necessary to complete your file for review, the Acceptance Letter, and the SEVIS immigration Form I-20. You can then apply for the F-1 student visa at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in your home country, or nearest location.
- International Student Application Form -- (online application highly preferred).
- Application Processing Fee of US $60.00 (payable to: “Glendale Community College” in the form of bank check, certified money order, cash or credit card -- refer to "Credit Card Authorization Form," in PDF format to download). [Note: The Application Fee cannot be "waived."]
- Official transcripts (grades from High School and Diploma of completion, and transcripts from any college/university attended); minimum of "C" or 2.0 grade point average -- if transferring from U.S. accredited institution. If documents are not in English, a certified English translation is required. Students under 18 yrs. of age may apply, provided High School completion certificate is submitted -- prior to first semester of attendance.
- Official TOEFL score (iBT min. 45); IELTS "Academic" (min. 4.5 band score); EIKEN Grade 2 visit: www.eiken.or.jp; or Cambridge English Scale score of 154.
Duolingo English Test min. score 75; visit: www.englishtest.duolingo.com/applicants
[Proof of English proficiency is not required if English is your first language or language of instruction in High School or College].
- "Credit ESL/English" is available without TOEFL or IELTS. Check box on the Online Application or PDF Application Form.
- Affidavit of Support Form and official Bank Statement (or equivalent bank letter);
TOTAL COSTS = $22,917 (Academic Year, 2019-20) plus dependent costs, if applicable. Costs subject to annual change.
- Applicant’s Personal Essay -- stating education and career goals (one page).
- Copy of passport picture page.
Applicants on the "B-2 Tourist Visa" will not be processed for change of status. You will be expected to depart the U.S. and apply for the F-1 visa overseas; ideally in your home country.
II. Applicants currently in the U.S.
In addition to the above items listed for “Applicants Overseas,” the following documents are needed for students currently in the U.S. before registering for classes.
- "Transfer Eligibility Form" (from current school). Students must be in F-1 status to transfer.
- Copies of current immigration documents:
a. F-1 Visa Page
c. Current Form I-20
III. Academic Calendar & Recommended Deadlines: Glendale Community College offers flexible enrollment periods each academic year. Transfer students already in the U.S. may enroll in the Summer or Winter Sessions -- when admitted to the Fall or Spring Semesters, respectively. All semester/session dates can be found on the Important Dates page.
- FALL SEMESTER = 16 weeks; begins end of August, or early September.
- Transfer students admitted to the Fall may enroll in Summer Session (start dates June through August).
- SPRING SEMESTER = 16 weeks; begins February 22 (Spring 2021).
- Transfer students admitted to the Spring may enroll in Winter Session in January.
Overseas-based Student Application Deadlines:
- FALL SEMESTER: July 1 -- Recommended last date to apply.
- SPRING SEMESTER: December 1 -- Recommended last date to apply.
U.S.--based Student Application Deadlines:
- FALL SEMESTER: August 1
- If you wish to enroll in Summer session, apply by May 15.
- SPRING SEMESTER: January 10
- If you wish to enroll in Winter Session, apply by Dec 1.
* All submitted documentation becomes the property of the GCC International Student Office and cannot be returned. You may submit certified copies of your original documents.
* Deadlines may be flexible depending on student's background and immigration status.
Thank You for your interest in Glendale Community College.