Online International Application (F-1 Visa Students)
Complete & Submit for Your Future
GCC Student ID#
(Note: You can type directly onto the "Fillable PDF" and print your completed Forms.
To save your completed App. Forms, you need Adobe Acrobat Writer)
NOTE: IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE LINKING TO THE "ONLINE" APPLICATION, PLEASE USE THE PDF "FILLABLE" APPLICATION FORM FOR NOW; THEN SUBMIT YOUR SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS -- TO COMPLETE YOUR STUDENT APPLICATION.
Dear International Student:
Complete & Submit the easy to use “Online” Application Form at: International Student Application for Admission Form. By submitting this Online Application Form, you will be entering your personal and academic information into a secure Web site database. When your Application File is complete and you are officially "Accepted" to the College, you will be issued your Glendale Student ID# for future class registration. [Refer to the "Checklist" of Instructions to complete your Application File for successful & timely admission to GCC.]
NOTE: Please pay careful attention to the "Checklist" items listed below.
[PDF scanned Attachments must be followed by Certified Copies of Original Documents]
We appreciate your interest in Glendale Community College and look forward to receiving your supporting documents to complete your student file for admissions review and full-time enrollment.
GLENDALE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (California)
International Student Office
1500 North Verdugo Road
Glendale, CA 91208-2894
Phone: 1+ (818) 240-1000 , Ext. 5439 or 6645
APPLICATION "CHECKLIST" INSTRUCTIONS:
I. Applicants Overseas
The following documents are necessary to complete your file for review, Acceptance Letter, and the SEVIS immigration Form I-20. You can then apply for the F-1 student visa at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in your home country, or nearest location.
- International Student Application Form (online application highly preferred).
- Application Processing Fee of US $60.00 (payable to: “Glendale Community College” in the form of bank check, certified money order/bank draft, or credit card -- refer to "Credit Card Authorization Form," in PDF format to download). [Note: Application Fee cannot be "waived."]
- Official transcripts/academic records (grades from High School/Secondary School and Diploma, and any college/university attended; minimum of "C" or 2.0 grade point average -- if transferring from U.S. accredited institution). If the original documents are not in English, a certified English translation is required.
- Official TOEFL score (iBT min. 45); IELTS "Academic" (min. 4.5 band score); EIKEN Grade 2; GTEC min. 970; or Cambridge English Scale score of 154. Proof of English proficiency is not required if English is your first language or language of instruction in High School or College.
- "Credit ESL/English" is available without TOEFL or IELTS. Check box on Online Application or PDF Application Form.
- Affidavit of Support Form and official Bank Statement (or equivalent bank letter);
TOTAL COSTS = $22,917 (Academic Year, 2019-20) plus dependent costs. Costs subject to annual change.
- Applicant’s Personal Essay - education major and career goals (at least one page).
- Copy of passport picture page
Applicants on the "B-2 Tourist Visa" will not be processed for change of status; you will be expected to leave the US and apply for an F-1 visa overseas.
II. Applicants currently in the U.S.
In addition to the above items listed for “Applicants Overseas,” the following documents are needed for students currently in the U.S. before registering for classes.
- "Transfer Eligibility Form" (from current school). Students must be in F-1 status to transfer
- Copies of current immigration documents:
a. Visa Page
c. Current I-20
III. Academic Calendar & Recommended Deadlines: Glendale Community College offers flexible enrollment periods each calendar year. Transfer students already in the US may enroll in the Summer or Winter intercessions if admitted to the Fall or Spring terms, respectively. All session dates can be found on the Important Dates page.
- FALL SEMESTER = 16 weeks, begins in early September
- Transfer students admitted to Fall may enroll in Summer Session (flexible start dates June through August)
- SPRING SEMESTER = 16 weeks, begins in mid-February
- Transfer students admitted to Spring may enroll in Winter Session in January
Overseas-based Student Application Deadlines:
- FALL SEMESTER: July 1
- SPRING SEMESTER: December 10 -- (Spring 2020)
U.S.--based Student Application Deadlines:
- FALL SEMESTER: August 1
- If you wish to enroll in summer session, please apply by May 15
- SPRING SEMESTER: January 10
- If you wish to enroll in winter session, please apply by Dec 1
* All submitted documentation becomes the property of GCC International Student Office and cannot be returned. You may submit certified copies of your original documents.
* Deadlines may be flexible depending on student's background and immigration status.
Thank You for your interest in Glendale Community College.