Online International Application (F-1 Visa Students)
Complete & Submit for Your Future
GCC Student ID#
(Note: You can type directly onto the "Fillable PDF" and print your completed Forms.
To save your completed App. Forms, you need Adobe Acrobat Writer)
NOTE: IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE LINKING TO THE "ONLINE" APPLICATION, PLEASE USE THE PDF "FILLABLE" APPLICATION FORM FOR NOW; THEN SUBMIT YOUR SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS -- TO COMPLETE YOUR STUDENT APPLICATION.
Dear International Student:
Complete & Submit the easy to use “Online” Application Form at: International Student Application for Admission Form. By submitting this Online Application Form, you will be entering your personal and academic information into a secure Web site database. When your Application File is complete and you are officially "Accepted" to the College, you will be issued your Glendale Student ID# for future class registration. [Refer to the "Checklist" of Instructions to complete your Application File for successful & timely admission to GCC.]
NOTE: Please pay careful attention to the "Checklist" items listed below.
[PDF scanned Attachments must be followed by Certified Copies of Original Documents]
We appreciate your interest in Glendale Community College and look forward to receiving your supporting documents to complete your student file for admissions review and full-time enrollment.
GLENDALE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (California)
International Student Office
1500 North Verdugo Road
Glendale, CA 91208-2894
Phone: 1+ (818) 240-1000 , Ext. 5439 or 6645
APPLICATION "CHECKLIST" INSTRUCTIONS:
I. Applicants Overseas
The following documents are necessary to complete your file for review, Acceptance Letter, and the SEVIS immigration Form I-20. You can then apply for the F-1 student visa at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in your home country, or nearest location.
- International Student Application Form ("Online Form" or PDF "fillable" Forms).
- Application Processing Fee of US $60.00 (payable to: “Glendale Community College” in the form of bank check, certified money order/bank draft, or credit card -- refer to "Credit Card Authorization Form," in PDF format to download). [Note: Application Fee cannot be "waived."]
- Official transcripts/academic records (grades from High School/Secondary School and Diploma, or any college/university attended; minimum of "C" or 2.0 grade point average -- if transferring from U.S. accredited institution). [If the original documents are not in English, a certified English translation is required.]
- Official TOEFL score (iBT min. 45-46); IELTS "Academic" (min. 4.5 to 5.0 'band score'); EIKEN Grade 2; GTEC min. 970; or Cambridge English Scale score of 154. [Not required if English is first language or language of instruction in High School or College.]
- "Credit ESL/English" Conditional Admission Letter is available without TOEFL or IELTS. Check box on "Online" Application or PDF Application Form.
- Affidavit of Support Form and official Bank Statement (or equivalent bank letter);
TOTAL COSTS = $22,877 (Academic Year, 2019-20). Costs subject to annual change.
[NOTE: If arriving with dependent, or spouse on "F-2 visa," additional $7,500 is needed as part of your overall Bank Statement].
The following documents should also be included with your Application Forms:
- Applicant’s Personal Essay -- education major and career goals (at least one page).
- Photograph (passport-size photo), along with copy of your Passport (name page).
- [Applicants on the "B-2 Tourist Visa" will Not be processed for 'change of status' Form I-20; instead for the "Initial Attendance" I-20 -- for overseas travel and reentry on F-1 Visa].
II. Applicants currently in the U.S.
In addition to the above items listed for “Applicants Overseas,” the following documents are needed for students currently in the U.S. before registering for classes.
- "Transfer Eligibility Form" (from current language school, college or university).
[F-1 visa students with current/valid SEVIS Form I-20].
NOTE: If you intend to Transfer, and will be declared "out of status" by your previous institution attended, you must transfer-in with an "Active" Form I-20 SEVIS record.
- Immigration/Travel Documents:
a. Copy of Passport
b. Copy of Visa Page
c. Copy of I-94 (Electronic Version of I-94 Arrival Record)
d. Copy of current SEVIS Form I-20
III. Academic Calendar & Recommended Deadlines: Glendale Community College offers flexible enrollment periods each calendar year. All International students are eligible to enroll for the Two Semesters; the short-term "Sessions" have limited class scheduling and are best designed for those students already in the U.S. transferring-in to GCC on the F-1 student visa.
- FALL SEMESTER = 16 weeks -- (FALL 2019: begins Sept. 3; ends Dec. 18)
- Winter 'Session' = 6 weeks -- [Winter 2020: Jan. 6th to Feb.13th]
- SPRING SEMESTER = 16 weeks -- (SPRING 2020: begins Feb 18; ends June 10)
- Summer 'Session' -- [Summer 2019: begins June 17th; ends August 23]
Overseas-based Student Application Deadlines:
- FALL SEMESTER: July 10th; (Fall 2019)
- SPRING SEMESTER: December 1; Spring 2019.
U.S.--based Student Application Deadlines:
- FALL SEMESTER: August 1
- Winter Session: Monday, Dec. 1
- SPRING SEMESTER: January 10
- Summer Session: May 15
* All submitted documentation becomes the property of GCC International Student Office and cannot be returned. You may submit "certified copies" of your original documents.
* Deadlines may be flexible depending on student's background and immigration status.
Thank You for your interest in Glendale Community College.