Veterans Information

Veteran Resource Center - Location AA - 1/AA-1B


Monday and Tuesday: 9am - 6pm

Wednesday and Thursday: 9am - 4pm

Friday: CLOSED

Veteran Services

Veteran services are provided through the Office of Admissions and Records and Veteran Resource Center. Here, the veterans' staff provides assistance to veterans and eligible dependents in qualifying for educational benefits and in planning educational programs.

Glendale Community College, through the State Department of Education, is under contract with the Veterans Administration to offer higher education to veterans and eligible dependents under U.S. Code Title 38, Chapters 30, 31, 32, 35, and 1606. A V. A. beneficiary may receive monthly compensation under the G.I. Bill or the Post Vietnam Era Veterans Educational Assistance Program based on their attendance and number of units in which they are enrolled.

Veteran Education

Glendale Community College is approved by the VA as degree-granting institution for veterans and veteran's dependents entitled to educational assistance. After filing an application for admission, a veteran wishing to use one of the VA Education Benefits, it is the veteran’s responsibility to complete all necessary forms before seeing the Veterans Certifying Official.

An Intent-To-Register form must be submitted to the Veterans Certifying Official for each semester that they wish to receive the VA Education Benefits.

It is the veteran's responsibility to promptly notify the college Veterans Certifying Official of any change in program, which would affect his/her V. A. assistance. Veterans who are taking a course which lasts less than a semester will be paid only for the actual enrollment period.

Credit for Military Training

Glendale Community College will recognize and grant credit to veterans for educational training completed in the armed forces provided such credit is not a duplication of work taken previously. College work completed through the United States Armed Forces Institute will be accepted. In order to receive credit for military training, veterans must petition for such credit and present authentic military service and training records including a copy of Certification of Release or Discharge (DD-214).

Applicants desiring credit for military training will be required to provide appropriate documents before credit for military service can be granted. Credit awarded for military training will include credit for Health Education and Physical Education toward the Associate degree.

CLEP for Military Personnel

College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP®) exams are available to eligible military personnel as a way to save time and money while earning college credit. To assist military personnel in meeting their educational goals, the Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) funds CLEP exams for eligible military service members and eligible civilian employees. For more information on CLEP exams and credits contact the Assessment Center, 818-240-1000 ext. 5329, 5332 or go to: (GCC College Code 4327)

Military Transcripts:

Joint Service Transcripts:

***Currently we do not accept electronic transcripts****

 Tuition Waivers

Veterans of California, The College Tuition Fee Waiver for Veterans’ Dependents waives mandatory system-wide tuition and fees at any State of California Community College, California State University, or University of California campus. This program does not cover expenses like books, housing and parking. To be eligible, the student must:

  • Have a parent who is a disabled veteran (0% or more disabled); or
  • Have a spouse who is service-connected (S/C) deceased or rated 100% S/C disabled.
  • Be a child earning less than $11,945 per year (student’s income, not parents’). Note: there is no income limit for a spouse or children of S/C deceased or 100% S/C disabled veterans.
  • Attend a California Community College, California State University, or a University of California school.
  • The student must meet the in-state residency requirements as determined by the school
  • Provide proof of the student’s relationship to the veteran such as a copy of a birth or marriage certificate.

To obtain complete eligibility requirements and assistance in applying for these valuable benefits, please contact your local County Veterans Service Office or your school's veteran’s office.

Veterans Affairs Contact Information:

California Department of Veterans Affairs
Division of Veterans Services
1227 O Street, Suite 105
Sacramento CA 95814

Phone: (916) 653-2573 or go to

For more information on California specific Veteran's benefits go to: