Veterans Enrollment & Registration

It’s the Veterans Responsibility to apply for their benefits

STEP 1 Apply for VA Education Benefits
  1. Logon to
  2. Click on Start VONAPP
  3. Select New User and create: (If you already have a username & password, skip this step, please remember…you only have to do it once.)
    • Login Name
    • Password
    • Password Hint
    • Submit a contact email address
  4. (Chapters 30, 32, 33, 1606 or 1607) Login and select the Education Benefits From (22-1990) from the drop down menu
  5. If educational benefits have previously been used, complete Form 22-1995, Change of Program or Place of Training, online at to receive a Certificate of Eligibility.
  6. (Chapter 35) Qualified dependents who wish to use their VA educational benefits for the first time should apply online at and complete a Form 22-5490, Application for Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance, to receive a Certificate/Letter of Eligibility.
  7. (Chapter 31) Disabled veterans desiring to further their education under the VA Vocational Rehabilitation program should look on the website:
  8. Fill out Forms and print it out
  9. Mail in or submit Certification of Release or Discharge (DD-214) online.

STEP 2 Complete and submit a GCC Application


Click on "Create an Account", and Create a New User

We advise you to print out the confirmation page that your application has been submitted.

Students transferring from other colleges must have all official transcripts sent to the Admissions & Records Office.

Official College Transcripts are to be mailed to:

Glendale Community College
Attention: Office of Admissions & Records
1500 N. Verdugo Road
Glendale, CA 91208

STEP 3 Take the required placement test(s) in English, reading, and/or math:

Applicants must take GCC's placement test unless they have already completed transfer-level English and math classes. GCC does not accept placement results from other colleges.

  • Call 818.240.1000, extension 5329, or in person at the Assessment center (SV, third floor)
STEP 4 Make an appointment with the Veteran's counselor
  • Call (818)240-1000 ext. 3360 -- Before you can make an appointment with the Veteran Counselor, you must have the following items to your appointment:
  • Placement Test Scores from the Assessment Center
  • Official Sealed Academic Transcripts (Course Descriptions for all out-of-state college courses completed Certified and Syllabus for Math and English)
  • Certification of Release or Discharge (DD-214)
  • Certification Eligibility letter from the VA
STEP 5 See the A&R Veterans Certifying Official

Bring the following documents:

  • Certification Eligibility letter from the VA
  • Certification of Release or Discharge (DD-214)

Register for classes:

  • Register online, based on your registration date/time. Check your registration date through MyGCC. Make sure you’re enroll in the classes on your Student Educational Plan (SEP) provided by your Veterans counselor.

STEP 6 If fees are required, pay your fees online with a credit card (MasterCard, VISA) OR pay in person at the Student Fees Office, located in the lobby of the Administration building.

STEP 7 After you are fully registered (not on a wait list), return to see the Veterans Certifying Official in the Admissions& Records office. You will then begin to certify your units with the Veteran's Administration (VA).

NOTE: Certification is not automatic.  To have your classes certified and submitted to the VA, you must see the Veterans Certifying Official. It is the Veteran Student responsibility to get their classes certified each semester. ** We do not certify by email or over the phone **