The mission of the Committee of Distance on Education (CoDE) is to cultivate policies and promote practices that contribute to the quality and growth of distance education at Glendale Community College.
In support of the institution’s Mission and Vision, the Glendale Community College’s Committee on Distance Education (CoDE) will work with the Distance Education Coordinator, Distance Education Faculty Development Coordinator, Academic Senate, and Division Chairs as instructional program leaders to facilitate and improve online teaching, learning, and technology.
With the understanding that faculty should have the primary responsibility for developing policies and promoting distance education practices, CoDE will support a learner-centered program designed to further student success by making recommendations to the Academic Senate. Each CoDE member will represent his/her division and act as a resource to all faculty members within their division regarding exploration, development, and implementation of strong pedagogical online strategies in the distance education environment.
The Committee on Distance Education (CoDE), which the DE Coordinator chairs, is a Senate committee and operates under Senate authority.
In this context specifically, the DE Coordinator also has a reporting responsibility to the Senate and is supervised under the Dean of Library and Learning Support Services.
If you are interested in representing your Division as a CoDE committee member, please contact your Division Chair.
CoDE meets on the 4th Tuesday of each month in the spring/ fall terms in Sierra Vista (SV) - Faculty Innovation Center (1st Floor) - Conference Room, from 12:20-1:30.
Current CoDE Agenda & Minutes:
- September 24 2019, Agenda and Minutes
- October 22, 2019, Agenda and Minutes
- November 26, 2023, Agenda and Minutes
- February 26, 2019, Agenda and Minutes
- March 26, 2019, Agenda and Minutes
- April 23, 2023, Agenda and Minutes
- May 28, 2019, Agenda and Minutes
- August 28, 2018, Agenda and Minutes
- September 25, 2018, Agenda and Minutes
- October 23, 2018, Agenda and Minutes
- November 27, 2018, Updates/Reminders
- Cancelled due to Senate Holiday Party
- February 27, 2018, Agenda and Minutes
- March 27, 2018, Agenda and Minutes
- April 24, 2018, Agenda and Minutes
- May 22, 2018, Agenda and Minutes