Distance Education Program Mission Statement
The Glendale Community College Distance Education Program Mission is to serve a diverse population of students by providing the opportunities and support to achieve their educational and career goals. The Distance Education Program is dedicated to the importance of higher education in the evolving urban environment of Glendale and the Greater Los Angeles area and beyond. Faculty and staff engage students in rigorous and innovative online learning experiences that enhance and sustain the cultural, intellectual, and economic vitality of the community.
Join the DE Faculty Resource Shell for all your DE needs!
GCC DE Introduction, 5-Year Plan, Statistics, and AR4105
- Introduction and Purpose of Distance Education at GCC
- GCC Distance Education Strategic 5-Year Plan 2018-2023
- GCC Distance Education Statistics Fall 2011-Spring 2018
- GCC Distance Education Statistics Fall 2018-Spring 2019
- GCC Administrative Regulation 4105 Distance Education
CCCCO DE Report, DE Guidelines, Accessibility Taskforce, and ACCJC Guide
- CCC Chancellor's Office: Distance Education Report (2017)
- Distance Education Guidelines - Omnibus (2008)
- DEAG Taskforce: DE Accessibility Guidelines (Jan 2011)
- ACCJC: Guide to Evaluating DE and CE (June 2013)
- DEETAC: Distance Education Guidelines - (TBA - 2020)
DE Approved Addenda, New Course Proposal Process
DE Certification, Recertification, CVC-OEI
- DE Certification through GCC
- Alternative Ways of Becoming DE Certified
- DE GADER (Recertification Program)
- Participating in the CVC-OEI through GCC
CoDE + Your DE Team!
Do you Have Questions or Concerns?
Alexa Schumacher, Ph.D.
(818) 240-1000 x5298
Faculty Innovation Center (SV112)
Chairs CoDE + DE Course Approvals + DE Policy + DE Procedure + Leads DE Program: Provides leadership and guidance of the Distance Education (DE) program as it works to meet the needs of students and faculty while meeting federal and state guidelines. Responsible for the planning, coordination, and growth of instruction in an online environment at Glendale Community College. Organizes and chairs the Academic Senate Committee on Distance Education (CoDE).