Distance Education Program Mission Statement
The Glendale Community College Distance Education Program Mission is to serve a diverse population of students by providing the opportunities and support to achieve their educational and career goals. The Distance Education Program is dedicated to the importance of higher education in the evolving urban environment of Glendale and the Greater Los Angeles area and beyond. Faculty and staff engage students in rigorous and innovative online learning experiences that enhance and sustain the cultural, intellectual, and economic vitality of the community.
DE Introduction, 5-Year Plan, Statistics, CCCC DE Report
- Introduction and Purpose of Distance Education at GCC
- GCC Distance Education Strategic 5-Year Plan 2018-2023 (Under Review by Academic Affairs)
- GCC Distance Education Statistics Fall 2011-Spring 2018
- CCC Chancellor's Office: 2017 Distance Education Report
DE Handbook, Newsletters, Fact-Sheet
- Distance Education Handbook: 2018-2019
- Distance Education Handbook: 2019-2020 (Draft to be Approved by CoDE)
- Distance Education Monthly Newsletters
- Distance Education Fact-Sheet for Newly Certified Faculty!
DE Policies and Procedures
- Distance Education Course Requirements
- Regular and Effective Contact Quick Guide
- Students Rights in an Online or Hybrid Course
DE Certifications and the CVC-OEI
- DE Certification through GCC
- Alternative Ways of Becoming DE Certified
- Participating in the CVC-OEI through GCC
DE Recertification and Faculty Mentorship Program
DE Ticket Notes, Course Definitions, Course Approval
- Distance Education Standardized Ticket Notes
- Distance Education Course Definitions
- New DE Course Proposal Process and Form
DE Laws, Guidelines, Accreditation, Faculty Evaluation
- DE Laws Pertaining to Title 5, ACCJC, and ADA/508 at a Glance
- DE Laws Pertaining to Title 5, ACCJC, Code 34, AFT, and ADA/508
- DE Faculty Evaluation Form and Process (To Be Created)
- DE Board Policy (BP) 4105 (To Be Created)
- DE Administration Regulation (AR) 4105 (To Be Created)
CoDE, Academic Senate, DE Team!
- Committee on Distance Education (CoDE)
- Notable Senate Recommendations/Guild Contract
- Meet Your GCC Distance Education Team
Do you Have Questions or Concerns?
Alexa Schumacher, Ph.D.
(818) 240-1000 x5298
Faculty Innovation Center (SV112)
New DE Course Approvals + CoDE + Policy + Procedure + @ONE DE Faculty Trainer
Provides leadership and guidance of the Distance Education (DE) program as it works to meet the needs of students and faculty while meeting federal and state guidelines. Responsible for the planning, coordination, and growth of instruction in an online environment at Glendale Community College. Organizes and chairs the Academic Senate Committee on Distance Education (CoDE). @ONE DE Faculty Trainer for faculty DE Certification courses and maintains the DE Certified List.