Distance Education Program Mission Statement
The Glendale Community College Distance Education Program Mission is to serve a diverse population of students by providing the opportunities and support to achieve their educational and career goals. The Distance Education Program is dedicated to the importance of higher education in the evolving urban environment of Glendale and the Greater Los Angeles area and beyond. Faculty and staff engage students in rigorous and innovative online learning experiences that enhance and sustain the cultural, intellectual, and economic vitality of the community.
Join the DE Faculty Resource Shell for all your DE needs!
DE Introduction, 5-Year Plan, Statistics, CCCC DE Report
- Introduction and Purpose of Distance Education at GCC
- GCC Distance Education Strategic 5-Year Plan 2018-2023
- GCC Distance Education Statistics Fall 2011-Spring 2018
- CCC Chancellor's Office: 2017 Distance Education Report
DE Policies and Procedures
DE Certifications, Recertification, CVC-OEI
- DE Certification through GCC
- Alternative Ways of Becoming DE Certified
- DE GADER (Recertification Program)
- Participating in the CVC-OEI through GCC
DE Laws, Guidelines, Accreditation, Faculty Evaluation
- DE Laws Pertaining to Title 5, ACCJC, and ADA/508 at a Glance
- DE Laws Pertaining to Title 5, ACCJC, Code 34, AFT, and ADA/508
- DE Course Compliance Verification Form (Under Review by Academic Affairs)
- DE Administration Regulation (AR) 4105 (Under Review by Academic Affairs)
- DE Faculty Evaluation Form and Process (Under Review by Guild)
CoDE, Academic Senate/Guild, DE Team!
- Committee on Distance Education (CoDE)
- Notable Senate Recommendations/Guild Contract
Do you Have Questions or Concerns?
Alexa Schumacher, Ph.D.
(818) 240-1000 x5298
Faculty Innovation Center (SV112)
New DE Course Approvals + CoDE + Policy + Procedure + @ONE DE Faculty Trainer
Provides leadership and guidance of the Distance Education (DE) program as it works to meet the needs of students and faculty while meeting federal and state guidelines. Responsible for the planning, coordination, and growth of instruction in an online environment at Glendale Community College. Organizes and chairs the Academic Senate Committee on Distance Education (CoDE). @ONE DE Faculty Trainer for faculty DE Certification courses and maintains the DE Certified List.