CVC-OEI Course Design Academy Review Checklist
Thank you for your interest in the Course Design Academy Review Process so your course can be made available to students in the CVC-OEI.
We have created this checklist to help you prepare your course for a timely and helpful review from the CVC-OEI.
- Contact Connie Lantz, email@example.com, or Mark Ragonig, firstname.lastname@example.org, to make a copy of the most up-to-date version of your course in Canvas and name it using this convention:
- At this time, we do not review live courses with students enrolled.
- Be sure to Publish:
- The course.
- All instructional content in the course (e.g. modules, pages, assignments, discussions, quizzes, etc.).
- The Reviewers will be looking at your course from a student perspective, so anything you would make available to students should be available to the Reviewers.
- Create a separate folder in your Files area called “Accessibility” and add any files/documents—Word, PDFs, PowerPoint, Excel—that are currently being used in your course (so we can check for accessibility). Do not include images in the folder, only files.
- Designate a Home Page in the Master Shell.
- Add the welcome letter/email you normally send to students to the Announcements OR placed it in a welcome module where the review team can find it.
- Include all, or at least a sampling, of your announcements for the review team.
- Include your plan for instructor-initiated contact (Rubric item B2) in the syllabus and/or as a note to the review team.
- Contact Alexa Schumacher, email@example.com, in order to add "firstname.lastname@example.org" under People in your Canvas Master Shell. OEI will be assigned the role of Designer.
- We encourage you to use the list above as a personal reference. When all of the steps are done, please go to the Course Submission Form (https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/249b1f405c6b4d819a025b1fbf9e842d) to complete the checklist form online and submit your course for review.
- You are ready for Review! You will be contacted by the CVC-OEI with confirmation that your course was submitted for review. Within two weeks, you should then receive confirmation that your course was assigned to a Lead Reviewer to begin the Design Academy process. The entire Design Academy process ranges from 4-12 weeks - depending on your course and your time availability to work with your Lead Reviewer.
- If you have more questions, DE Coordinator - Alexa Schumacher, will be your main contact at GCC: email@example.com.