GCC responds to the Coronavirus Outbreak. GCC has moved to remote online instruction.

Student Financial Assistance

All inquiries to assist enrolled or prospective students in obtaining financial aid assistance information should contact: Financial Aid at 818-240-1000, Ext 5916, email your inquery to, or visit the office in the San Fernando Complex, Room 110. Our hours and staff members can be found on the web under Office Information.

Student Financial Information – Procedure to Apply for Federal Financial Aid:

  • Apply for admission to Glendale Community College. Officially declare a program goal on your admission application.

  • Apply for Federal Student Aid by completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the appropriate award year.

  • Complete the  2017-2018 BOG Application form (for Summer 2017 - Spring 2018). Students can also be evaluated for BOG eligibility when the results of their FAFSA are reviewed. The Board of Governors (BOG) fee waiver is a California Community Colleges financial aid program for California residents that waives the enrollment fees for students.

  • Use your legal name on all documents. Your name, Social Security number, and date of birth must be correct on all college and financial aid forms.

  • Return all required documents promptly. Make sure all forms have your GCC ID number listed and are signed by you and your parent (if required).

  • Keep photocopies of every form and document.

  • Submit all required documents immediately upon request to the Financial Aid Office. We process your application based on the date(s) we receive your information, so it is to your benefit to respond to us as soon as possible. If you have questions regarding any request we make please come by our office or contact our office so that we can discuss your financial aid file.

  • View and read all links accompanying your award email, especially items regarding check disbursement procedures and Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements.

  • The Financial Aid Office staff are available to help you with your forms. If you have general questions you may also contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 800-4-FED-AID (800-433-3243).