Self Certification Form for Private Educational Loans
To receive private education loan funds, the borrower must submit a self-certification form to the lender. Do not submit the form to Glendale Community College.
Be sure to contact the lender to inquire about any additional requirements that may be needed before your loan funds can be disbursed.
- If you haven't already applied for federal and state financial aid, you're encouraged to do so by completing the FAFSA.
- You may wish to delay your private loan until you receive your financial aid award notice because you could receive enough financial aid to replace the private loan you intend to borrow.
How to complete the form
- Download a hard copy of the Private Education Loan Applicant Self-Certification form (PDF), or obtain a copy from your lender.
- Review GCC's Standard Student Budgets to determine the amount to enter in Section 2, Item A, "Student's cost of attendance for the period of enrollment covered by the loan:"
a. Select the appropriate budget type based on your housing status (living with parents or off-campus) and academic year.
- If your loan is for 2 semesters (a full academic year of fall and spring): Enter the amount listed under the appropriate housing category in Section 2, Item A.
- If your loan is for 1 semester (e.g., fall only or spring only, etc.): Take the dollar amount under the "Standard Student Budget Totals" for the appropriate housing category and divide by 2. Enter this amount in Section 2, Item A.
- Determine the amount to enter in Section 2, Item B, "Estimated financial assistance:"
a. If you have not applied for financial aid and do not have additional outside resources, report $0.
b. If you have applied for financial aid, access your awards using MyGCC. Total all grants, loans (excluding this loan), scholarships, and work-study that you have or will accept and enter that amount in Section 2, Item B. Be sure to include awards for only the semesters covered by the loan period (calculate amounts for 1 semester as described in step 2 above).
c. If you have applied for financial aid but awards have not yet been made, report $0 in Section 2, Item B. You may wish to delay your private loan until you receive your financial aid award notice, because you could receive enough financial aid to replace the private loan you intend to borrow.
d. Determine the amount to report in Section 2, Item C by subtracting Section 2, Item B from Section 2, Item A.
- Complete Sections 3 and 4 and submit to the lender.