The Financial Aid Office now offers hands-on workshops for students seeking help completing the FAFSA. You must SIGN-UP for a FAFSA Workshop by calling (818-240-1000 extension 5916) or stopping by the Financial Aid Office on the third floor of the Sierra Vista Building. Maximum capacity is 9 students per hour; once the maximum has been reached you will have to sign-up for another date and time.
How to Prepare:
- Have your FSA ID (https://fsaid.ed.gov) ready when you come to the workshop.
- Students without an FSA ID will be asked to return at a later time with their FSA ID. For Help with your FSA ID, please call 1-800-433-3243.
- To complete the FAFSA at the workshop, you will need to bring copies of:
- Your SOCIAL SECURITY & IMMIGRATION card.
- Your 2016 FEDERAL INCOME TAX RETURN & 2016 W-2 FORMS from all employers.
- Records of your other BENEFITS and/or OTHER INCOME amounts received.
If you are considered a DEPENDENT STUDENT (below the age of 24, not married and have no dependents), you must also bring:
- PARENTS’ SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER(S) and DATE OF BIRTH.
- PARENTS’ 2016 FEDERAL INCOME TAX RETURN + 2016 W2 FORMS from all employers
- Records of OTHER BENEFITS/INCOME amounts received.