GCC responds to the Coronavirus Outbreak. GCC has moved to remote online instruction.

Improve Your Registration

How can I get more points in order to improve your registration date and time.

  • During your first semester at Glendale Community College, you need to make an appointment with a counselor to have a Student Educational Plan (SEP) prepared. An SEP is an outline of all your general education, major, prerequisite and elective classes related to your personal educational goal, as well as the graduation requirements. Once a counselor completed your SEP you will be able to view your SEP under the "My Planner" link in your Student Center (MyGCC). Having an Student Education Plan (SEP) on file gives you additional points.

  • Complete all the units in which you are enrolled. Do not drop units. The more units you have completed and you have in progress, the higher your priority.

  • Complete the matriculation process by going through the placement process for English or ESL and Mathematics. The English and Mathematics guided placement surveys (GPS’s) are administered every day. The Assessment center is located in Sierra Vista 3rd floor. 

  • Complete the online Orientation

  • Enroll and complete a  college orientation class, such as Student Development 100, 103, 125, or 145. These courses are taught to help you succeed at Glendale Community College.

  • Do not get on probation. Points will be deducted if you are on academic probation or on progress probation. If you are on probation, be sure to enroll in one of these special classes for students on probation (ST DV 141). By taking this class, you will negate points taken away for being on probation.

  • Maintain a grade-point average between 3.0 or above. Additional points are given with a grade point average between 3.0 and 4.0. Students even receive points for having a GPA of 2.0 to 2.9 but fewer than students with 3.0 or higher.