Work Study

New Requirements for CalWORKs Work Study Jobs


The following are requirements for finding a Work Study job through GCC CalWORKs:

  • Enroll in 6 CREDIT units or more.
  • Apply for Financial Aid.
  • Complete all steps required by the GCC Financial Aid Office.


To find a CalWORKs Work Study job:

1.  Bring your current term CalWORKs Eligibility Form to the CalWORKs office. (Must be signed by DPSS no earlier than three weeks before the start of the current term.) 

2.  Tell the Front Desk staff that you would like a Work Study Referral. 

3.  START EARLY!  You will have a better chance of finding a job if you start early. 


Work Study earnings are exempt from CalWORKs income calculations!