Call the GCC main number first (818) 240-1000 and then the extension.
- Center for Students with Disabilities: Ext. 5905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- High Tech Center: Ext. 5402 or email email@example.com
- Instructional Assistance Center: Ext. 5530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Garfield (Noncredit) DSPS Services: Ext. 5027 or email email@example.com
Individual staff emails can be found from the DSPS Faculty/Staff Directory
Please go to these links for each organization’s resources and information regarding the COVID-19 situation.
- American Red Cross Disaster Planning for People with Disabilities
- Autism Society response and resources
- CA Department of Developmental Services
- City of Glendale Transportation (Dial A Ride and ACCESS)
- Freedom Scientific is offering Jaws, ZoomText, and Fusion for free for personal home computers until June 30th.
The following are ways to connect with others during this time of social distancing, which can lead to feelings of isolation. GCC/DSPS is not responsible for any use (inappropriate or otherwise) of these technologies or the interactions that happen there. It is each student’s decision whether to use these apps and it is their responsibility to follow the safety guidelines, procedures, etc.
- How to use Google Hangout video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdNxUrXryrA
- Article on how to use Google Hangouts: https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-use-google-hangouts
- Article on how to stay safe on Google Hangouts: https://techboomers.com/t/is-google-hangouts-safe-secure-private
FaceTime via Apple products
- Security for FaceTime https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201229
- Sign into ConferZoom at: https://cccconfer.zoom.us/signin
If this is your first time using ConferZoom, the following guides may be helpful to you:
- Members – Host Guide: Learn how to create and log into your account, start instant meetings, schedule meetings, and invite participants.
- Participants Guide: Learn what to expect once connected to a ConferZoom room as a participant.
- ConferZoom Guides: Access additional guides and learn about ConferZoom features.
For more information on how to use ConferZoom in Canvas, please see Guide to using ConferZoom in Canvas
THE GCC FOOD FOR THOUGHT PANTRY IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. THERE ARE LOCAL PANTRIES OFFERING ASSISTANCE LISTED BELOW. For a complete list, please visit glendale.edu/FoodPantry and click on Pantry Resources.
Call ahead to check hours, availability, and information.
- ALTADENA FOOD PANTRY 943 E. Altadena Dr. • 626-798-1185
- BURBANK TEMPORARY AID CENTER 1304 W. Burbank Blvd. • 818-848-2822
- CATHOLIC CHARITIES OF LOS ANGELES-
Glendale Community Services Center 4322 San Fernando Rd. in Glendale • 213-318-5707
Mon-Fri: 10:00 am – 12:00pm & 1:15-3:30 pm
Rental and utility assistance, case management and food pantry services. Bring your own reusable bag, a picture I.D for applicant and an I.D. for each member of the family (e.g. Birth Certificate, or Passport, medical cards for children). Bring proof of address (e.g. utility bill, phone bill, or rental agreement) and rent receipt, as well as proof of income (e.g. paystub, SS, SSI, Cal Works, etc.)
FOOD ACCESS MAP
Shows where food pantries are located that are currently open
- FOOD PANTRY–WEST VALLEY 5700 Rudnick Ave. • 818-346-7062
- FOOTHILL UTILITY CENTER INC. 91 N. Oak Ave. Pasadena • 626-584-7420
Usually they help only residents of Pasadena and Altadena, but currently they provide food to everyone once a week.
They provide one bag of food to a family (amount depends on what the Center receives).
Tuesday 9:00a.m.-11:30.am & Wednesday 1:00pm-3:30pm.
* This is a drive through pick up
- INTERNATIONAL FAMILIES ASSOCIATION 1741 Gardena Avenue. Glendale *818-770-0779
- LOAVES AND FISHES 4322 San Fernando Rd. • 818-409-3080
- LOS ANGELES REGIONAL FOOD BANK • 323-234-3030
The grant LOVE project and Oscar de la Renta have joined forces to raise funds for a COVID-19 Emergency Food Fund. Project Angel Food’s Emergency Food Kits include three weeks of frozen and shelf stable meals
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with a life-threatening illness and are unable to independently access healthy food, you qualify for the home-delivered meal program.
- SALVATION ARMY CORPS COMMUNITY CENTER- Glendale
320 W. Windsor Rd. Glendale
(818-246-5586) call for hours Requirements:
Need to register for this program by filling out an application
For residents of Glendale or Burbank
*At this time not asking for proof of income as they are taking into account this emergency situation.
- WORLD HARVEST FOOD BANK
3100 Venice Blvd, Los Angeles, CA • 213- 746-2227
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am to 6pm; Saturday 8am to 3pm
(includes info on finances, housing, and utilities relief; call the organizations to verify information)
ANCA (assistance in Armenian)
City of Glendale
Employment Development Department
Glendale Water and Power
Will not disconnect electric or water services or charge late fees through April 2020 due to customer’s inability to pay bill.
GWP encouraging customers to contact them for alternate payment options.
Los Angeles Housing and Community Investment Department
Mexican American Opportunity Foundation (MAOF) Lending Circles
(323) 890-9600 http://www.maof.org/lending-circles
SALEF: Salvadoran American Leadership and Educational Fund https://www.salef.org/
Southern California Gas
No service will be disconnected. No customer will have their natural gas turned off due to non-payment. (800-427-2200)
State of California COVID-19 Response
State of California Hotline
United Way Community Response and Recovery Fund
https://www.unitedway.org/recovery/covid19 or call 1-866-211-9966
Offers a guided search by community helping you to find assistance with: Food, Transportation, Healthcare, Mental Health, Crisis Services, Housing Legal Assistance, Domestic Violence
Resources from GCC:
- THE GCC HEALTH CENTER IS AVAILABLE BY PHONE 818-551-5189 OR E-MAIL OFRANCO@GLENDALE.EDU MONDAY–FRIDAY: 9:00AM–5:00PM
- GCC Health Center nurses available for health-related questions and referrals.
- GCC mental health and nutrition appointments are available by phone.
- If you are experiencing symptoms, call your primary care physician or urgent care facility first.
Resources from elsewhere:
- For the latest COVID–19 information from the LA County Department of Public Health visit publichealth.lacounty.gov or call 211 (24/7).
- Adventist Health (Glendale) Has established a central call center to answer questions from the public about the pandemic. Coronavirus Advice Line, Monday through Friday (7 a.m. to 7 p.m.) 1-844-542-8840
- Bienvenidos Mental (323) 869-9255 ext. 231
- LA County Department of Mental Health Resource List
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) Disaster Distress Helpline at 800-985-5990
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255
- Text MHFA to 741741 to talk to a Crisis Text Line counselor
(Contact the companies to verify information and read fine print.)
Comcast offers two free months for new users
Speed at 25Mbps down and 3 Mbps up (impacts all internet essential users). Please use this link to sign up https://www.internetessentials.com/covid19
or call 855-846-8376 for English or 855-765-6995 for Spanish
Spectrum offers two free months for new users for K-12 and/or college students up to 100 Mbps – must call 844-488-8395.
Charter will open WiFi hotspots for public use
GCC Canvas Help
The new 24/7 helpline number for Canvas questions ONLY is: 1-844-600-4951
Note: Canvas is no longer supported by Microsoft Internet Explorer. You can access Canvas using Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Microsoft Edge as your browser.
GCC IT Help Desk
818 240-1000 EXT: 4357 (HELP) or EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Help Desk is the primary point of contact for all GCC technology needs. We handle many requests and incidents, such as: manage user and email accounts, reset passwords, troubleshoot desktop and laptop computer issues, answer PeopleSoft questions, order hardware and software, and check out multimedia equipment, to name a few.
Freedom Scientific is offering Jaws, ZoomText, and Fusion for free for personal home computers until June 30th.