All EOPS students are required to meet with their EOPS counselor three times during each semester (fall/spring). Students are also required to meet with EOPS counselor one time during each intersession (winter/summer), if registered. This counseling requirement must be met by all EOPS students regardless of the number of units they carry. Counselors may require additional visits, if needed.
Students on Probation
EOPS students who are on Probation must complete a Probation Contract with their EOPS counselor and follow a set of conditions therein in order to remain in a good standing with the program. EOPS counselor may require additional visits, if deemed necessary.
Your educational needs while with the EOPS program are our primary concern.To better meet your needs, EOPS offers comprehensive services outlined in the contract. This contract also includes your responsibilities while with the EOPS program. Given your full participation in the program and adherence to this contract, we will do our best to provide you with the services and programs for which you qualify.The services may vary year to year, depending upon services available at our campus and our program budget. For details please refer to the EOPS Mutual Responsibility Contract (MRC).
EOPS Continued Program Eligibility Guideline
All EOPS students are required to follow their EOPS Mutual Responsibility Contract to ensure continued program eligibility. At the end of each semester, EOPS conducts continued program eligibility verification using the following criteria to determine EOPS Student's Program Standing.
- EOPS Academic Standing
- Completed Counseling Contacts
- Completed Units
- EOPS Program Standing
Continuing Students: Assessment of the student’s academic and EOPS program standing, which includes a review of the academic record from the previous term. Review of the student’s Educational Plan to ensure it accurately reflects the most recent adjustments in the student’s goal and major.
2. Students who have less than 3 counseling visits per semester will be placed on EOPS probation.
3. Students who do not meet with an EOPS counselor at least once during the primary semester will be exited from the program. For details please refer to the EOPS Mutual Responsibility Contract.
Please monitor your EOPS counseling meeting dates posted on your student portal. If you find that your last counseling visit date does not match your record, you will be expected to inform our office within one week from the time of your counseling visit in question. No corrections or adjustments will be made if it is not addressed within that week.
- Financial Aid Contract
- EOPS Waiver
- UC/CSU/Private University Transfer application
- Student Educational Plan (SEP)
- Change of major/goal
- Food for Thought Application
- Scholarship Application
- Graduation check, petition or review of transfer curriculum
- Letter of Recommendation
- Schedule changes
- Study List/SEP updates
- Quick Questions (i.e. Deadlines)
- Petitions (i.e. Count the Higher Grade)
- Requests for course revisions for approved FA Contract