To determine student eligibility for EOPS grant, eligibility criteria listed below will be checked each semester immediately after the last withdrawal deadline for the semester for which the student will be awarded. Criteria listed below must be met at that time.
Spring 2019 EOPS Grant Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the EOPS Grant, students must be in good standing with EOPS and meet all the criteria listed below. To be in good standing with EOPS, students must fulfill their responsibilities described in the Mutual Responsibility Contract. Students, who do not fulfill their responsibilities will be out of compliance with the program and be placed on probation status with EOPS. These students will not be considered for the EOPS Grant.
The students must:
- Be in good standing with EOPS
- Have three counseling contacts completed in the previous semester*
- Have at least 6 units completed in the previous semester*
- Be currently enrolled in at least 6 units**
- Have completed FAFSA application, submitted all the required income documentation as required by the Financial Aid Office, and have received their Financial Aid Award Notification with the remaining financial need determined
- Have sufficient unmet need as determined by the Financial Aid Office
- Not be on Satisfactory Academic Progress Dismissal or Term Dismissal.
*First semester EOPS students are exempt
**Total units include GCC and non-GCC units approved by the Financial Aid Office through the consortium agreement.