EOPS will be accepting applications for Fall 2019 beginning July 1, 2019
To qualify for EOPS program you must meet all the eligibility criteria outlined below:
- Be a resident of California or AB 540 Dreamer as determined by GCC Admissions and Records Office
- Be enrolled in 12 or more units when accepted into the program. NOTE: Foster Youth students (9+ units); DSPS students (6+ units with DSPS counselor verification)
- Not have completed more than 70 units of degree applicable credit course work in any combination of post-secondary higher education (college/ university)
- Have received a California College Promise Grant (CCPG) A, B, or C (with 0 EFC)
- Meet ONE of the following disadvantaged criteria:
- Registered in English or Math below the level required for the associate degree at GCC, or registered in ESL
- Not have graduated from HS or obtained the General Education Diploma (GED)
- Graduated from HS with a GPA below 2.5
- Been previously enrolled in remedial education courses in HS or college (transcripts or IEP must be presented for verification)
- First generation college student (Neither parent has earned a Bachelor’s degree)
- Member of college identified underrepresented group
- (African-American/Black, American-Indian/Alaskan Native, Asian/Pacific Islander, and Hispanic/Latino)
- The primary language spoken in the student’s home is/was non-English
- The student is current or former foster youth
Program Admissions Application Process Read more....
Reapplying to the program: EOPS students in good standing will be considered continuing EOPS students and do not need to reapply each semester, unless they do not register for one full semester. This does not apply to short sessions. If a student drops out of school for one full semester after being accepted into EOPS due to extenuating circumstances and leaves the program in good standing, he/she can reapply to the program if all the eligibility criteria are met at the time of application. If, however, the EOPS student was exited from the program for non-compliance, the student may not re-apply.
Continued eligibility requires adherence to the EOPS mutual responsibility contract.