ATTENTION: EOPS is accepting applications for Spring 2019 January 21-March 8
To qualify for EOPS program you must meet all the eligibility criteria outlined below:
- Must be a California resident as determined by GCC Admissions and Records Office
- Recieved a California College Promise Grant (CCPG) A, B, and C (with 0 EFC)
- Completed no more than 45 degree applicable units (including all course work completed at other colleges or universities)
- Registered in 12 or more units at the time of application (wait listed units do not count) NOTE: Foster Youth students (9+ units); DSPS students (6+ with DSPS counselor verification)
- Completed Math and English or Math and ESL assessment
- Demonstrate a disadvantage through one of the following:
- Not qualified for English or Math required for the college degree (based on GCC assessment result)
- No High School diploma or GED
- HS GPA below 2.5
- Have taken remedial courses
- Use English as a second language
- First generation college student
- Emancipated foster youth
- Member of college identified underrepresented group: African-American/Black, American Indian/Alaskan Native, Asian/Pacific Islander, and Hispanic/Latino
Program Admissions Application Process Read more....
Reapplying to the program: EOPS students in good standing will be considered continuing EOPS students and do not need to reapply each semester, unless they do not register for one full semester. This does not apply to short sessions. If a student drops out of school for one full semester after being accepted into EOPS due to extenuating circumstances and leaves the program in good standing, he/she can reapply to the program if all the eligibility criteria are met at the time of application. For these students, the unit limitation will be extended to 70 degree applicable units. If, however, the EOPS student was exited from the program for non-compliance, the student may not re-apply.
Continued eligibility requires adherence to the EOPS mutual responsibility contract.