Overview of Services
The Learning Center provides currently enrolled students with free tutoring in most subjects. Appointments are available for tutoring in math or writing. Tutoring in other subjects is arranged by Learning Center staff. Tutors are students who have been recommended by their instructors and have completed a tutor training seminar.
Tutoring is currently available in the following subjects for Spring 2019:
|Anthropology||102, 104, 105|
|Art||101, 102, 106, 107, 108, 109|
|Biology||101, 102, 112, 115, 120, 122|
|Chemistry||101, 102, 105, 106, 110, 120|
|CS/IS||101, 112, 130|
|French||101, 102, 103, 104|
|Italian||101, 102, 103|
|Music||101,135, 136, 160, 161, 162, 201, 202, 211, 212|
|Psychology||101, 103, 106|
Schedule an appointment with a tutor
The Learning Center offers one on one tutoring by appointment. Drop-in tutoring may also be available when tutors do not have appointments scheduled.
There are several ways to make an appointment with a tutor:
- Visit the Learning Center (AD 232) to schedule an appointment.
- Schedule an appointment online to work with a math or writing tutor face-to-face in the Learning Center.
- Call the Learning Center to request an appointment at 818-240-1000 ext. 5333.
If you call us to request an appointment and need to leave a message, be sure to include the following information:
- Your name and GCC student ID number
- A couple of choices for the days and times when you would like an appointment
- The name of the class for which you need tutoring (Math 101, ENG 101, ESL 151, etc.)
- A phone number where we can call you to confirm your appointment