GCC responds to the Coronavirus Outbreak. GCC has moved to remote online instruction.


If you are experiencing symptoms, call your primary care physician or urgent care facility first. For the latest COVID-19 information from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health or call 211 (24/7).


California Dream Act

What is the California Dream Act?

The California Dream Act allows undocumented who qualify for a non-resident exemption under Assembly Bill 540 (AB 540) to receive certain types of financial aid such as: private scholarships funded through public universities, state administered financial aid, university grants, community college fee waivers, and Cal Grants. In addition, the California Dream Act, allows eligible students to pay in-state tuition at any public college in California. 

Who can apply for the California Dream Act?

Students who live in California and meet the eligibility requirements for a non-resident exemption, as well as students who have a U Visa or TPS status, can use the California Dream Act application (CADAA). Similarly, students without Social Security Numbers or students who have lost DACA status (or never applied for DACA), may still be eligible.

What is the difference between the FAFSA and the California Dream Act application?

Students should only complete one of the applications (not both), according to the citizenship requirements below:

1. You are eligible to complete the FAFSA at if you are a:

• U.S Citizen

• Permanent Resident

• Eligible non-citizen

• T Visa holder

2. You are eligible to complete the CADAA at if you are:

• Undocumented and/or DACA recipient

• U Visa holders

• Have Temporary Protected Status (TPS)

• Meet the requirements under AB 540

For assistance with filling out the California Dream Act please make an appointment at with us at: 

818-240-1000 ext. 5810