Glendale Community College’s Re-entry Pathways Center is dedicated to creating a pathway into higher education for formerly incarcerated individuals. We aim to support our students in their matriculation and graduation goals by providing services which address their academic and non-academic needs to allow them to achieve educational and personal empowerment. We hope to challenge the stigmas associated with incarceration while providing a safe space on campus where students can network with others and learn to navigate the educational system and develop the necessary skills to thrive in a college setting. Education is an extremely powerful tool for transformation and rehabilitation as well as a crucial component in the fight to reduce recidivism which is why we are devoted to helping guide formerly incarcerated students in their quest for knowledge and a better life.
For more information please email : Reentrypathways@glendale.edu
- Provide mental support services
- Find resources for formerly incarcerated individuals
- Refer students to specific staff (counselor, nurse, transfer center) if they have questions regarding school
- Refer students to outside organizations to network such as (ARC, anti-recidivism coalition)
- Academic Counseling
- Career Counseling
- Connect students with necessary legal resources (Public Defender, Expungement)
- Recruit future students from Parole
- Peer mentoring
- Community Engagement
If you have any questions or interest please feel free to come by our office located in academic counseling.
Monday: 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Location: Sierra Vista Building, 3rd Floor - Academic Counseling
Phone: (818) 240-1000 ext. 5780