This section will provide you with the latest updates on transfer pertaining to fall admission due to COVID-19. Please check our website to stay up-to-date as needed. This section will be updated frequently as information becomes available.
Dear GCC transfer students:
COVID-19 has brought about a difficult time. You may be uncertain as to how this semester might turn out and impact your fall admission. If you have a specific transfer concern or situation, please set up an appointment with a transfer counselor.
In the meantime, if you have applied for fall 2020 admission:
- Continuously check your email and campus portals regularly.
- Directly contact the campus for questions, updates, and admission decisions. Check with the campus as to what method of inquiries and document receipt are preferred. Most campuses may be functioning with less or no staff in their offices, so it may be best to send inquiries and documents to campuses via email and be patient while awaiting a response.
- For UCs: Contact the UC campus via email about how to update that particular campus with schedule changes. If you have already received a UC admission decision, you should follow the campus instructions included in the admission letter about how to update that particular UC campus with schedule changes.
- For CSUs: Contact the CSU campus via email about how to update that particular campus with schedule changes.
- Check campus websites for the most up-to-date information. Be on the lookout for any changes to deadlines and requirements, or any on-campus events that may have been canceled or rescheduled.
A few UC and CSU campuses have begun sending admission decisions on a rolling basis, with other campuses soon to follow. If admitted, campuses will request a Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) for the UC’s and an Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (ECD) for the CSU’s. Please ensure that you meet the deadlines as requested. For UCs, you can contact the campus directly if you need an extension for the SIR. Some CSU campuses may have individually extended their intent to enroll deadline, or ECD deadline and/or housing deposit deadlines.
The deadline for official transcripts for the CSU and UC system vary from campus to campus so be careful. UC and CSU campuses will not rescind admission if final transcripts are not received by their deadline. However, please ensure that you meet any transcript deadlines as requested.
Campuses will exercise as much flexibility as possible when it comes to meeting admissions requirements and selection criteria, but flexibility will vary by campus, school/college, and/or major due to impaction.
For the most up-to-date information on the UCs fall admissions guidelines due to COVID-19, please see their Undergraduate Admissions COVID-19 page.
1. If possible, continue as you have planned with your coursework
2. Prioritize minimum admission & campus major prep requirements
3. Keep campus updated of any changes
4. Complete major prep courses for letter grades, especially for the UCs