RULES FOR USING THE ELECTRIC VEHICLE
- A valid GCC parking permit must be displayed to avoid citation.
- Vehicle must be charging.
- All GCC parking rules apply such as no overnight parking.
- There is a (4) hour maximum usage.
- A fee will be charged beginning Spring semester 2014 of $2 per hour (Approval went through the Governance process).
- Obtain an access card through ChargePoint.com
PLEASE NOTE: Vehicle must be moved when charge is complete or when the (4) hour maximum time has been reached. When a user is done using the plug they need to swipe their access card to end their session.
GCC currently has one EV charging station in the Lot C parking garage and four EV charging stations in parking Lot A next to the Sierra Vista Building.
Frequently Asked Questions about EV Charging on Campus
Can anyone park in the EV charging spaces?
A valid GCC parking pass must be displayed while charging.
I have a hybrid can I park in the EV charging spaces?
No, only plug-in vehicles using the charging station may park in the designated spaces.
Is there a time limit?
Yes, there is a 4 hour maximum per vehicle. The electric vehicle owner is responsible for moving their car once the allotted time is reached. This will allow other EV owners access to the charging station.
My vehicle is fully charged, can I still park in the EV charging spaces?
If your vehicle is done charging it must be moved. This will allow other EV owners access to the charging station.
If your vehicle remains in the charging space you are subject to receiving a citation.
For more information visit:
Board Policy 6750 Parking and Traffic Regulations of Glendale Community College