OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT ARE FREE
BY MAIL OR IN PERSON REQUEST ONLY.
There are three ways to order an official transcript from Glendale Community College:
Glendale Community College has retained Credentials, Inc. to accept transcript orders on the Internet via a secured site. Please contact Credentials, Inc. Customer Service at 1(847) 716-3005 if you need assistance or have any questions regarding your online order. Credential operator assistance is available (CST/CDT) 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Friday.
Your transcript request will not be processed until the signed authorization form is received. In addition to the cost of the transcript, there is a $2.55 transaction fee per transcript for this service. Free transcripts are not available using the online option.
- Name (include prior names)
- Date of Birth and Social Security Number
- Approximate Dates of Attendance
- Number of Copies Needed
- Specific mailing address for each transcript ordered
- Student's signature
- Check or Money Order payable to Glendale Community College (G.C.C.) – do NOT send cash or credit card information.
Mail your request to:
Glendale Community College
Office of Admissions & Records
1500 N. Verdugo Road
Glendale, CA 91208
You may request your official transcript in person at the Admissions and Records Office. We are located on the 3rd Floor of the Sierra Vista Building. Transcript request forms are available for your convenience at the Admissions Counter or by downloading and printing our GCC Transcript Request form. A picture I.D. is required to release records.
FIRST TWO (2) COPIES OF YOUR OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT ARE FREE. Students may obtain their free transcripts by MAIL or In Person Request ONLY.
Regular Service: $10.00 per copy
Allow 10 Business Days from the date of receipt TO PROCESS. (excluding Saturday, Sunday and Holidays)
Allow 4 – 6 WEEKS (once grades have been posted) for processing requests with a HOLD FOR CURRENT SEMESTER FINAL GRADES, and for all regular requests during the posting of final grades. Requests are processed in the order received.
Express Service: $15.00 per copy
Allow 5 Business Days from the date of receipt TO PROCESS. (excluding Saturday, Sunday and Holidays)
Express service does not apply to CSU BREADTH and IGETC certifications.
What is Express Service?
- ONLINE REQUEST – Once the authorization form has been received allow 5 business days for processing. (excluding Saturday, Sunday and Holidays)
- BY MAIL - Student requests official transcript by mail. The official transcript is processed in our office within 5 business days from the date receipt (excluding Saturday, Sunday and Holidays). The transcript is mailed by way of regular United States Postal Service to the requested destination. Delivery time is determined by the United States Postal Service. Your transcripts will not be delivered to its destination within 5 business days.
- IN PERSON (PICK UP) - Student submits a written request in person, and then returns in 5 business days (excluding Saturday, Sunday and Holidays) with picture identification to pick up official transcript.
General Education Certification Information
Students are responsible for requesting the CSU/IGETC Certification to be included with their transcripts. This service is only available when certification and a transcript are being sent to a participating institution.
Glendale Community College requires official transcripts from all other colleges and universities that you have attended. All official transcripts must be submitted to GCC’s Admissions and Records Office prior to requesting a transfer certification. If you are requesting an IGETC and wish to use high school coursework to fulfill your language other than English requirement (LOTE) you may submit either official or unofficial transcripts. If you are planning to use transcripts from out of state or private colleges and/or universities you may be required to submit additional information in addition to your official transcripts. (This includes but is not limited to: course description, course outline, and class syllabus.) Using out of state transcripts to fulfill your undergraduate coursework requirements may impact the processing time of your certification request.
- Transcript will NOT be processed without the student's signature.
- Work-in-Progress will automatically be included for currently enrolled courses.
- Only Glendale Community College grades are issued. Grades from other schools MUST be ordered from the original school.
- In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, student written authorization is REQUIRED to release student records. This includes the parents of a minor student.
- You are responsible for providing accurate mailing addresses. Replacement transcript requests resulting from inaccurate mailing addresses are subject to the normal transcript fee. We are not responsible for mishandling by the U.S. Post Office or the receiving school or agency.
- No refunds will be issued once the transcript has been processed.