If you wish to receive emergency notification text messages from our carrier, Nixle, we ask you to subscribe as follows. There is no cost to the subscriber; however, standard messaging rates may apply.
To opt-in and receive any future emergency notification text messages for GCC, please text the two words GO GCCALERT to the number 888777 from your cell phone. You will receive a confirmation text that says “Nixle Local Alerts Welcome to GCCALERT.” By receipt of that text message, you will have opted-in to the Nixle system and you will receive future emergency notification text messages regarding any campus emergency. You do not need to accept or acknowledge the text message.
If you have any questions, please contact the Glendale College Police Dept. at 818-551-5205.
Note: If you are unable to view the Nixle widget, please go directly to Nixle site to signup.
In the event of an emergency or dangerous situation involving an immediate threat to the health or safety to members
of the campus community, an emergency notification will be issued using one, some, or all of the below methods.
• “NIXLE” – Emergency Notification System. Text GO GCCALERT from your cellular phone to 888777 to subscribe.
• All campus notifications (email, GCC web page, Twitter, Facebook, and message sign at Mountain St./Verdugo Rd.)
• Campus telephone reverse intercom speakers.
• Flashing room lights to notify deaf/hearing impaired persons.
• Personal notification by emergency personnel.
• Emergency vehicle public address (PA) speakers.
• Press releases and/or media notification may also be utilized for notification.