Why Apply to GCC?

Spring Semester 2020 begins February 18 (Overseas Application Deadline: Dec 10. U.S. Transfer Deadline: Jan 10). Spring Orientation Days -- Jan. 28th & 29th

Your Pathway to a Competitive University Degree Begins Here...

Japanese  Chinese Simplified  Korean  Vietnamese  Arabic Portuguese 

Why Choose GCC?

Glendale Community College has a strong tradition and commitment to educating students from other countries.  During an Academic Year, the College has historically enrolled 500 to 550 International F-1 visa students (each Semester) representing over 50 nationalities.  The International Student Program is here to assist you with admission and enrollment information, new student orientation (each Semester), immigration advising, academic counseling and class registration.  The Program also provides support services related to off-campus housing & host family "homestays," mandatory health insurance plan coverage and various student activities. International students at GCC are an active part of the campus community and are encouraged to participate in student government, clubs, athletics and other extracurricular organizations.

** Academically, Glendale Community College is a fully accredited two-year college and is considered one of the more attractive and safe locations within the California system of community colleges. Students can choose from 75 academic majors, certificate options and a wide variety of general education courses.  "College Credit ESL" classes are available as part of the regular course schedule for students needing additional English language instruction. Most new students will take an English Placement Test prior to class registration to determine the proper course placement their first semester.

** Qualified students who graduate from Glendale Community College are able to transfer to a competitive four-year university after completing 60 units of semester credit toward their Associate Degree program. Glendale C.C. has one of the highest community college "transfer rates"  and "Transfer Admission Guarantees" with many of the CSU & UC campuses in California. You will also find lower tuition costs and smaller class sizes compared to most four-year universities.

** Are you currently in the US on an F-1 visa? If so, please review our Admitted Student page for information on transferring to GCC. Are you currently in the US on a different visa type? If you are, you will need to travel outside the US to apply for an F-1 visa (highly recommended) or apply for a change of status to F-1 from within the US. To learn about the change of status process, and determine if this will be the right path for you, please visit our Immigration page in the Current Student's Advising Hub. 

Again, "Welcome" to Glendale Community College.  Please refer to the specific details for international students on the following menu pages to download the Application Forms for Admission and other related information. We look forward to hearing from you as you prepare for overseas studies. 

Best wishes,
International Student Program Staff

International Student Program (Sierra Vista Bldg., 3rd Fl.)
1500 North Verdugo Road
Glendale, CA 91208-2894  USA 
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Mon. to Thurs.; Fri. 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Phone: 1 + (818) 240-1000, Ext. 5439, 6645
** E-mailgcciso@glendale.edu