COVID-19 Update: Assessment Center is closed until further notice. For all placements and general questions, please contact (818) 240-1000 ext. 5329, 5332 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. *9am - 5pm Monday - Friday*
English and Math Placements:
The Assessment Center is now offering the English and Math placement surveys online. Students can complete a guided placement survey (GPS) online and email U.S. high school transcripts if possible.
Please follow the instructions:
- Students must have a GCC ID# before taking the surveys.
- Students allowed to complete both GPS surveys only once:
- Scan or take a picture on your phone of your U.S. high school transcript if possible and email to email@example.com
- You will receive placement results at your GCC student email account right after completing the survey. If you do not have a GCC email contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of your results.
- We strongly recommend you speak with a GCC counselor about your educational plan.
Assessment is an important part of Student Success. The assessment process at GCC helps students determine the appropriate placement into the right classes for your degree and your future.
Students walk into the Assessment Center to complete their assessments during the times listed on our Assessment Schedule. No appointment needed for English/Math and Chemistry. Students are required to have a Glendale College ID number and bring any photo ID with them.
All first-time college students are required to go through the placement process. You will not be able to enroll in classes until they completed all the steps below:
- All credit students must apply to the college and have their student ID number BEFORE they can take an assessment.
English and Math placement surveys: it is recommended to bring a high school transcript.
Arrive on time! Late arrivals are not permitted.
Children are not permitted in the Assessment Center Lab. Please make arrangements accordingly.
Picture Identification (ID) is required for all assessments.
- A valid photo identification such as passport, high school I.D., driver's license or state I.D. is required for testing.
- Campus Map
- Daily parking permits are available for $3.00 (accepts quarters and credit/debit cards) at the entrance to the GCC parking structure from the Pay and Display machines.