COVID-19 Update: Assessment Center is closed until further notice. For all placements and general questions, please contact (818) 240-1000 ext. 5329, 5332 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. *9am - 5pm Monday - Friday*
Assessment is an important part of Student Success. The assessment process at GCC helps students determine the appropriate placement into the right classes for their degrees and their futures.
ENGLISH and MATH PLACEMENTS
Students will complete the English and Math Guided Placement Survey (GPS) online. Questions are regarding high school GPA, coursework, and grades. Completing the English and Math GPS will make students eligible to take courses at the College.
Please follow the instructions:
- Students can submit both GPS surveys only once.
- Students must have a GCC ID# before taking the surveys.
- Scan or take a picture on your phone of your U.S. high school transcript if possible and email to email@example.com
ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (ESL) PLACEMENTS
Students will submit the ESL Guided Placement Survey (GPS) online. Questions are about their English language experience. The survey will offer examples of writing and grammar at each level, followed by a video to help identify listening level. Completing the ESL GPS will make students eligible to take courses at the College.
Note: All international students may be required to take the Credit ESL Placement Test before the start of their first term. All students will also have the opportunity to challenge their initial test or survey result if they feel they can place into a higher level.
Please follow the instructions:
- Students can submit the GPS survey only once.
- Students must have a GCC ID# before taking the survey in order to receive your placement result.
- You will receive placement results at your email account right after completing the survey. If you do not receive it please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of your results.
- We strongly recommend you speak with a GCC counselor about your educational plan.
Assessment is an important part of Student Success. The assessment process at GCC helps students determine the appropriate placement into the right classes for your degree and your future.
Students walk into the Assessment Center to complete their assessments during the times listed on our Assessment Schedule. No appointment needed for English/Math and Chemistry. Students are required to have a Glendale College ID number and bring any photo ID with them.
All first-time college students are required to go through the placement process. You will not be able to enroll in classes until they completed all the steps below:
- All credit students must apply to the college and have their student ID number BEFORE they can take an assessment.
English and Math placement surveys: it is recommended to bring a high school transcript.
Arrive on time! Late arrivals are not permitted.
Children are not permitted in the Assessment Center Lab. Please make arrangements accordingly.
Picture Identification (ID) is required for all assessments.
- A valid photo identification such as passport, high school I.D., driver's license or state I.D. is required for testing.
- Campus Map
- Daily parking permits are available for $3.00 (accepts quarters and credit/debit cards) at the entrance to the GCC parking structure from the Pay and Display machines.